• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Correct licence to use for modified image?

Explorer ,
May 14, 2019 May 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, just need some clarification here please re whether I need an extended or standard licence for some work I'm currently doing for a client.

The AS image (a room set, settee against plain wall) is being modified to show my client's painting hanging on the wall.

The painting will be offered for sale via an online art gallery. The AS image is being used only to show it in a home environment so customers can get an idea of how it looks.

I'll be using the same stock image to illustrate around twenty different paintings.

As far as I can tell, a standard licence is correct because the item being sold is the painting, not the AS photo. Could someone confirm this though please? I don't want to mislead my client!

ADE60253 Room Set 3.jpg

TOPICS
Licensing

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , May 14, 2019 May 14, 2019

Yes, you are completely in-line with what stock images are for. And a standard license will be enough.

The rules are: As long as the stock image is not the item that gets sold (printed as a poster or on a mug or similar) or the print run does not exceed those 500k, a standard license is enough.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
May 14, 2019 May 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes, you are completely in-line with what stock images are for. And a standard license will be enough.

The rules are: As long as the stock image is not the item that gets sold (printed as a poster or on a mug or similar) or the print run does not exceed those 500k, a standard license is enough.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Resources
Buy Adobe Stock
Getting Started