Corrupt stock image - still not resolved

Explorer ,
Apr 20, 2018 Apr 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

RE: Case ADB-xxxxxxx-xxxx CRM:00924000001276

[case number removed by moderator. this is a public forum.]

Hi

First of all, apologies for the lengthy rant. I don't normally post on the forum but am at my wicks end feel other subscribers should know what a mess Adobe Customer Support is. It seems on this forum customers are at least getting sensible answers and action from staff so perhaps this is where I am going wrong.

On 3rd April I purchased an extended licence for a stock vector image I previously held a standard licence for. On downloading the image I found that it wouldn't open in Illustrator on either of my Macs. This is frustrating as had already used the image on a standard licence in an approved design and it had previously been fine. With this being the case I decided to contact support with my issue.

This is where the real problems started...

I explained my problem and suggested that the image had probably been corrupted somehow. The first agent I had didn’t seem to know much at all so he elevated my problem the the next level. The next agent suggested that rather than the image being corrupt it was a problem with my computer so they requested and set up remote access and started resetting preferences etc. It seems he did not even check the most likely scenario that it was the image itself that was corrupted. It was only when he wanted me to do a full restart that I asked for the image to be checked first. He then realised that he couldn't open it either and said he would escalate my case to the next level.

On the 9th April I received an email :

"As we have checked it is the issue with the particular stock image, we would request you to try any other image. There might be a reason in which the image must be corrupted or the contents used might be causing the issue.

The best we can do here is, we will add that particular license to your account so you can license another image."

OK, I thought, fine but from what I can see I have received no refund for the extended licence image (costing £47.99+VAT) nor a standard licence credit has been added to my account.

I responded asking how I would be credited and received the inevitable answer:

"Thanks for writing us back and we really apologize for the inconvenience caused till now.

We will escalate this case to our next team, we will get back to you in next 24-48 hours time with a response."

Another really annoying part of the support system...

The entire chat thread is not visible - only the replies I have made through the support system. Every time Adobe respond with with an email such as that above, I get an email a couple of days later asking me to respond within 4 days or the case will be closed! Respond!!? To what? I am waiting for a clear response from Adobe?

The next email I sent asked, quite simply:

"Please can you refund the cost of one extended licence and add one standard licence to my account subscription to resolve this. I can then choose another file to work with."

Hey presto, here was the response:

"Greetings from Adobe Support. We have escalated the case to the concerned teams to check regarding possibilities in providing refund for your issue. we shall get back to you once there is some sort of confirmation from the relevant team."

Followed by (of course):

"Your case will automatically be closed after 4 days if you don’t respond."

So this is where we are now; getting on for 3 weeks and STILL not resolved. This should be a simple no quibble refund/credit and not be going through 8 degrees of escalation. It concerns me what would happen if I had a serious technical issue and how many "teams" would be needed to deal with that!!

Aside from that I would suggest that if there is a problem with an image not opening that the author/creator should be contacted to supply a working version and the image should be removed from the Adobe Stock site until the issue has been resolved. From what I can see the image is still available.

I love Adobe software and have been a user for nearly 20 years but may I strongly state how unimpressed I have been with this support experience. Come on Adobe, please up your game in this area.
Finally my question, how are you going to deal with this Adobe? No more escalations please!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , May 08, 2018 May 08, 2018

Darren,

I just checked your account and noticed that the credit memo has already been created but due to some backend issue, the refund was not credited to your account.

I really apologize for the poor experience. We will be getting this corrected as soon as possible. Please allow us some time.

Regards

Twarita

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 20, 2018 Apr 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Darren,

We apologize for the inconvenience caused to you. I have checked the case number as provided in your above post and noticed that the case has been escalated today and the team is working on your issue. I am personally following up on this issue, please allow me a while to get back to you with an update. Appreciate your patience.

Regards

Twarita

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 08, 2018 May 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

On 23rd April I received an email saying that a refund request had been initiated and the refund of GBP 57.59 would be credited to my account and should be reflected in next 5 to 8 business days. It has now been 11 business days and still nothing.

I have replied the same in the email but apparently the ticket has been closed - far from it I'd say. I simply cannot understand why this should be so difficult??

I have spent a huge amount of money with Adobe over the years and this is without question the worst customer service I have EVER experienced.

Regards,

Darren

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 08, 2018 May 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Darren,

I just checked your account and noticed that the credit memo has already been created but due to some backend issue, the refund was not credited to your account.

I really apologize for the poor experience. We will be getting this corrected as soon as possible. Please allow us some time.

Regards

Twarita

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Buy Adobe Stock
Getting Started