Cover for a Book of one author with a little help of his friends

New Here ,
Apr 17, 2019 Apr 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I’ve written a Community Content booklet. I used an image with the Standard License for the cover. The book is a fan project that is offered not for free online. I had no hired help, but some friends helped out with things they are better at then me for free. Some of them would like to track how many downloads the book gets. The only possibility on that platform is to share the revenues with them. Do I transgress against the Standard License, if I give them a symbolic 1% which is required in order to track downloads. We are not a legal entity and not an enterprise either

Views

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What has this to do with Adobe  Stock?

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do I require a different, perhaps an Expanded License/Team License, if more persons than just me benefit financially from the usage of an image that was aquired on Adobe Stock with the Standard License?

(Sorry, if it may sound/read dump. I'm new to this business.)

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Apr 18, 2019 Apr 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, you have acquired the asset with a standard license and as long as you do not sell more then 500k copies you will be OK, if and only if the image is not the main reason to acquire your book.

You may share the revenues with your book with whom you want. That does not change anything to the licensing terms.

Regards, Abambo
Hard- and Software Engineer and Photographer.

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines