Decided due to COVID-19 not to renew my stock subscription... how naive

New Here ,
Mar 25, 2020 Mar 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I'm hoping I've got this wrong but it looks like Adobe will autorenew my stock subscription without asking me. It also appears that I am unable to stop that unless I cancel my subscription early and pay a fee? Or is it that I need to come back just before it finishes and cancel then? Is Adobe really that awful?

Regards,

Jo

TOPICS
Account management, Licensing

Views

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 25, 2020 Mar 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi jo_ro_mo,

If you signed up for an annual subscription then it is a year commitment and there is an early termination fee. If you have a month-to-month subscription you can cancel at any time. When you set up your subscription you did accept these terms: https://stock.adobe.com/au/terms-and-conditions?offering_id=AAD55EFB23CC2745433AB984F0FD5A7D&country...

If you require additional assistance please contact our customer care team.

EBQ

EBQ

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Mar 26, 2020 Mar 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

(...) it looks like Adobe will autorenew my stock subscription without asking me.

This is not quite correct. It is true that there is an autorenew and there is no possibility to stop that, but before renewing, Adobe sends out a mail informing about the imminent renewal process. If I remember well, the e-mail comes with the start of the last month of the subscription. During that month you can cancel without a fee. If you cancel early, you need to pay half of the remaining due for an annual subscription. So worst case is half of the due for 11 months.

Regards, Abambo
Hard- and Software Engineer and Photographer.

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines