Do any Stock files have editable layers?

New Here ,
Jun 03, 2019 Jun 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I downloaded a file, opened in both Ps and Ai and there are no layers.  I don't want to waste my 10 files licensing any more templates if they aren't editable. I came across one that listed the elements included but it looks like its up to the author whether or not they want to list that, not a required field like on Creative Market. I'll still get some photos and videos but I was hoping to try out some templates and vectors!

Any ideas?

Views

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jun 03, 2019 Jun 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Christinam

Vector files should be editable. The Ai files are vectors. You may need to use filter to search for vectors only. For those files you download thinking they're editable and they're not a staff member may be able to assist you.

If you find vector files that are not editable, then this should be brought to the attention of Adobe, since this is against the guidelines given.

Best wishes

JG

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jun 04, 2019 Jun 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Image assets are JPEG files and they do not contain layers.

Illustrator files are required to be editable and should contain layers if needed. Most of the Illustrator files I have downloaded so far contained layers. 

Regards, Abambo
Hard- and Software Engineer and Photographer.

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines