DO NOT SUBSCRIBE TO ADOBE STOCK | NO FREE CANCELLATION

New Here ,
Oct 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am terribly disappointed in ADOBE through my experience with Adobe stock.

There is no such thing as a risk free / free cancellation trial.

when my trial ended I was surprised to see a cancellation fee.

Spoke to an agent by the name of Manraj and he has assured me that there are no cancellation fees. He convinced me to sign up for another month and he will throw in 3 more free months for me. Which I agreed. But over this 4 months I've barely even hit 300 downloads....

This is the plan I have signed up for.

Adobe Stock – 750 assets a monthS$263.22

So I decided to cancel this plan. I approached another agent Aman... And he insisted that I will be charged a cancellation fee even after telling him that I was promised that I will be able to waive off the cancellation fee if I do not continue this plan. He was trying to convince me to sign up for a plan that cost $39 a month to download 10 images so that I will be able to continue downloading the rest of my outstanding images without paying a cancellation fee.

Eventually Aman unwillingly helped me to cancel my subscription and waived off my cancellation fee when I told him that I will be considering to drop all my adobe products.

My dear friends, please do not pay the cancellation fees. JUST CANCEL YOUR CREDIT CARD.

This is a never ending scam to trick you into a lifetime commitment when you sign up for this product. I am really disappointed and will be more cautious whenever I sign up for an adobe product. 

Great products but a huge disappointing experience that can scar your purchasing experience with Adobe.

I would think that it make more sense to pay a package with x amount of download and with no time limit.

TOPICS
Plans and purchase

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

DO NOT SUBSCRIBE TO ADOBE STOCK | NO FREE CANCELLATION

New Here ,
Oct 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am terribly disappointed in ADOBE through my experience with Adobe stock.

There is no such thing as a risk free / free cancellation trial.

when my trial ended I was surprised to see a cancellation fee.

Spoke to an agent by the name of Manraj and he has assured me that there are no cancellation fees. He convinced me to sign up for another month and he will throw in 3 more free months for me. Which I agreed. But over this 4 months I've barely even hit 300 downloads....

This is the plan I have signed up for.

Adobe Stock – 750 assets a monthS$263.22

So I decided to cancel this plan. I approached another agent Aman... And he insisted that I will be charged a cancellation fee even after telling him that I was promised that I will be able to waive off the cancellation fee if I do not continue this plan. He was trying to convince me to sign up for a plan that cost $39 a month to download 10 images so that I will be able to continue downloading the rest of my outstanding images without paying a cancellation fee.

Eventually Aman unwillingly helped me to cancel my subscription and waived off my cancellation fee when I told him that I will be considering to drop all my adobe products.

My dear friends, please do not pay the cancellation fees. JUST CANCEL YOUR CREDIT CARD.

This is a never ending scam to trick you into a lifetime commitment when you sign up for this product. I am really disappointed and will be more cautious whenever I sign up for an adobe product. 

Great products but a huge disappointing experience that can scar your purchasing experience with Adobe.

I would think that it make more sense to pay a package with x amount of download and with no time limit.

TOPICS
Plans and purchase

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Oct 15, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Oct 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You have some imprecisions in your rant: 

1. The conditions and terms are clear on the cancellation terms and you did explicitly accept those. But you did not read them or you did not understand them.
  2. If you take the "first month free" offer you can cancel without a fee during this free month. There is no first month free offer for the 750 images per month. 
    Abambo_0-1603122492303.png
  3. By accepting these 3 months free, you essentially agreed to continue your subscription instead of cancelling. It's not important how many assets you license during that time, you agreed to pay the monthly due for a whole year. It's like my cell phone subscription. I have free minutes and gigabytes, but if I do not use them, I still need to pay. And if I cancel early, I still need to pay my early cancellation fee.
  4. The last month of your subscription, you can cancel free of a fee as you have fulfilled what you agreed on. 
  5. The conditions are the same as your CC subscription, so I wonder if you read the terms there.

There are 2 different options, if you do not want an annual contract:

1. you can buy credits (they expire after a year, so use them during that year)
  2. you can buy the month-to-month subscription, which you can cancel for the end of each month.

Before taking a subscription look the next time into the cancellation conditions. And if an agent offers you a free month (or three) ask yourself (and the agent) what your counterpart is. There is no such thing like a free meal...

And if it makes more sense to buy this or that package depends entirely on your needs. You need to choose the options that fit your needs. Not the one that is called "best value"... because it's only a best value if you need the assets... 750 assets is for big agencies with a lot of customers. 

I am, however, happy that you could negotiate your way out. So the title of your rant should have been  "Read the subscription terms".

Regards, Abambo
Hard- and Software Engineer and Photographer.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 19, 2020 0
vladaa LATEST
New Here ,
Oct 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear Abambo,

Before you try to defend for Adobe and act like a smart Alex, please do note that I did try to cancel off my first month trial and was slapped with a note saying that I need to pay a cancellation fee. Which is why I spoke to agent number 1. 

In regards to this comment:

"Before taking a subscription look the next time into the cancellation conditions. And if an agent offers you a free month (or three) ask yourself (and the agent) what your counterpart is. There is no such thing like a free meal..."

This is a counter offer made  by the first agent to upsell their package. If there is a cancellation fee, it SHOULD BE mentioned clearly.

I would not have continued paying 200 over USD if the first agent explicitly told me that there will be a cancellation fee the second time. In fact, he promised that I WILL BE ABLE TO waive off the cancellation fee after the next 3 months if I still feel that the plan does not suit me.

So get your facts right. I was promised something and that I have every right to feel like I have been cheated when the second agent insisted that I pay a cancellation fee.

From what you are telling me it seems like you're trying to imply that despite what the agent told me, I should still follow the terms and conditions from the first time I have subscribed to this trial. However, do note that the agent and I had agreed to a different term based on our conversation, and everything was handled by the backend. The second time they charged the fees to my card, I was not presented another terms and condition based on our agreement.

If I am not able to trust what the first agent has to say, then probably Adobe shouldn't have hired live agents to handle these situations and just probably use a bot to provide systematic response according to their policies.

Of course I would not be warning everyone here if I would have made this mistake of "not reading" the terms like you've said.

But I think you clearly do not understand the whole situation and story here despite reading the whole story. 

P.S. Also, I have read quite a number of blog posts, rants, and similar posts and found out that I am not the only one feeling the same way. So I guess if Adobe is serious about doing a legit business, they should be taking their time to review all these "rants" and not have their employees being all defensive about what have happened / blaming the customers for being "ignorant" to the terms and conditions. 

Regards,

G

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 19, 2020 0
Resources
Buy Adobe Stock
Getting Started