• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Do you lose access to licensed images when you end your subscription?

Community Beginner ,
Mar 04, 2018 Mar 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a student telling me that he licensed this image through Adobe Stock. Initially I told him he can't just pull images from google but it's turned into this whole web of lies and he's changed the story about 6 times. It's currently licensed on Wikimedia under a creative commons license but he insists that he licensed it from Adobe Stock. He cannot, however, find the license for it in his history and says that the license disappeared when he ended his subscription.

Do licensed images that you get on a subscription disappear from history once the subscription ends or do they remain in history?

Also If they do disappear, do rights to use them end once you quit paying the subscription fee? For instance, if I download the 10 free images in the introductory offer and save them to my computer can I still use them if I decide to cancel the subscription before I'm billed? That's really more for myself so I can decide if I want to use Adobe Stock or just stick to the Fotolia side of things.

Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Adobe Employee , Mar 04, 2018 Mar 04, 2018

Hi there

Once an asset has been licensed it remains in your license history, even if the subscription is cancelled.

This is covered in the FAQ: Common Questions about plans, purchasing, and availability, Adobe Stock

If I cancel my subscription, can I still use any unused licenses in my account?

No. You can use your available licenses as long as your subscription is active, but you forfeit any unused licenses upon cancellation of your subscription.

Can I use the assets even after I cancel my subscrip

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Jul 08, 2023 Jul 08, 2023

This is the way subscriptions work: you pay for access during the time you're paying the subscription fee. When you stop paying the fee, you lose access. Same with your phone plan, your online streaming services, and countlless other services. Read the T&C's before you subscribe, rather than being outraged later...

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 04, 2018 Mar 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

Once an asset has been licensed it remains in your license history, even if the subscription is cancelled.

This is covered in the FAQ: Common Questions about plans, purchasing, and availability, Adobe Stock

If I cancel my subscription, can I still use any unused licenses in my account?

No. You can use your available licenses as long as your subscription is active, but you forfeit any unused licenses upon cancellation of your subscription.

Can I use the assets even after I cancel my subscription?

Yes. Once you have licensed an asset, the license is permanent. You can use the assets you license regardless of your subscription status as long as you adhere to the general terms of use restrictions.

Thanks

Bev

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 08, 2023 Jul 08, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why does Adobe think it's fair to remove the ability for a customer to use unused licenses once they cancel their subscription?  The customer has already paid for those unused licensese so why aren't they concidered their license to use?  Seems very cheap of Adobe, not to mention, not too far off from theft. Otherwise, you should be required to credit back the customer for all unused licenses.  Otherwise, what exactly did the customer pay for?  Sometimes you simply don't need to use all ten licenses each month and they add up.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Naturedriven I think it's about time we unite together and create a group action filing, because too often large company such as adobe are pushing people around without any consequence. Join the facebook group on united freedom.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 09, 2023 Jul 09, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

because too often large company such as adobe are pushing people around without any consequence.

By @li5CFC

Please elaborate where you get pushed around? When you sign up for a subscription, you agree to the terms and conditions. It seems to me that you did take your subscription at your own discretion.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is the way subscriptions work: you pay for access during the time you're paying the subscription fee. When you stop paying the fee, you lose access. Same with your phone plan, your online streaming services, and countlless other services. Read the T&C's before you subscribe, rather than being outraged later...

Jill C., Forum Volunteer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 09, 2023 Jul 09, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Otherwise, what exactly did the customer pay for?  Sometimes you simply don't need to use all ten licenses each month and they add up.

By @naturedriven

You pay for maintaining the site, vetting and adding new assets and for certain legal protections. You will receive a certain number of free assets depending on the amount you pay. Anything above those free assets will be billed at a certain rate. If you do not need your contingent of free licences for a month, they roll over for up to a year's credits.

The licences that you have obtained will be accessible to you without any time limit, within the parameters stipulated in the licensing terms. However, as soon as you licenced an asset, I would advise you to download it to your computer, as the contributor or Adobe can at any time, delete the asset from the database.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 03, 2022 Nov 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

what are unused licences? and why would i own smthing like that? thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 03, 2022 Nov 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The basic monthly subscription allows the user to license up to 10 images. If, at the time the subscription is cancelled, there are unused licenses, they are forfeited at that time,

Jill C., Forum Volunteer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's image credits 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Buy Adobe Stock
Getting Started