Documentary credits

New Here ,
Jun 06, 2018 Jun 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am making a documentary. I have licensed a few clips from stock.adobe.com. I am making the end credits for that documentary. I noticed that in the license agreement it said that I was required to credit the clips I was using by writing "Author Name / stock.adobe.com." Can I write the attribution in another manner? Here's what I want to do. I'm going to have a scrolling closing credits. I want to put the following in those credits:

Footage used under license by

stock.adobe.com

Then I would list, in two columns, the both the author and the name of each clip that I licensed from stock.adobe.com. For example:

Author                                         Title

Stocktrek Images         Microscopic visualization of small pox.

Can I use this format rather than "Author Name / stock.adobe.com?"

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 07, 2018 Jun 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Mark,

Thanks for reaching out to the Stock team. Yes, you may add a scrolling closing credit as mentioned in your above post.  Additionally, please provide a credit line to the photographer. The credit line(photographer's name) which you should mention on the image should be "© [Photographer's name] /Adobe Stock"

Feel free to update this thread in case of any additional questions.

Regards,

Twarita

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I should mention that I licensed video footage, not images. Where does this credit line have to appear? Do I have to put this credit line on the footage itself?

Mark Murata

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mark,

You can use the credit line on the footage itself in case you are using a video footage from Adobe Stock. Else, you can follow the steps that you shared in your first post.

Regards,

Twarita

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just to clarify...

Are you saying that if I provide the credit attribution in the manner I specified in my first post, then I do not have to provide the credit line on the footage itself? I ask this question because I would rather not have to provide the credit line on the footage itself. I would rather supply such a credit line at the end of the documentary, in the closing credits.

Mark Murata

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 08, 2018 Jun 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Mark,

Yes you can use the credit attribution the way you specified in your first post and that should be fine.

Regards,

Sheena

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines