Does anyone else find it very greedy of Adobe

Explorer ,
Feb 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

to force a user to buy a subscription to license a photo, and then take away the credits if you cancel?  Credits you paid for?

First monthly subscriptions for the software, no more individual photos.  Adobe is going downhill

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Advisor ,
Feb 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

chrisw3086448 Hello,

It is impossible to find a corporation as large as Adobe actually displaying any emotion or intention - in particular as narrow as greed. It is, of course, a large corporation seeking to make a profit for reinvestment and research, marketing and to pay employees. That is the formula for motivating many businesses and their people  - all sharing core general benefits offered. If you look at the Adobe Corporation headquarters website and notice a mission statement you begin to see a tiny part of how the services to their clients move their daily choices.

So, rather than attempt to assign a human motivator like greed - look at Adobe as your business partner and see the joint motivation you - the customer-seller -  and Adobe - benefit from sales of product and stock.

If you feel certain business practices are unkind or unfair - greedy - write the head of sales a note and ask a few questions. Tell that department what you think should change on behalf of the stock contributors.

It is unlikely that anything positive can result in your simple shout-out about injustices and greed. Go to the source and seek change if it is that important. No need to rile anger and form a negative support group - take a positive action that gives you information and insight. Give them ideas for change.

This forum is more for smaller immediate problems or issues with products. Professional users are helped here by volunteers who are also Adobe clients. A few Adobe staff assist when the questions require their expertise.

Kind regards,

JH author/Illustrator

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Explorer ,
Feb 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The definition of forum is 'a public meeting place for open discussion'.

I have an issue with Adobe practices, and I am asking if anyone else does.  Of course, Adobe itself cannot have practices, as it is a corporation, but then perhaps I guess I have an issue with the leaders and decision makers of Adobe.  I can assure you, there is more to making a profit than simply 'reinvestment and research, marketing and to pay employees'.  Obsoleting products and converting to subscription services are not offered to users to be a partner, they are done to increase profits. Adobe is a publicly traded company, they need to answer to investors.  I will drop a line to sales, a good suggestion, however, I am certain suggesting a less profitable approach will go far.

Adobe makes a quality product, and I use it very often, but it does not mean they are an altruistic company with no financial motivation

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Advisor ,
Feb 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear chrisw3085448, Thanks for the excellent response and a calm exchange. Rare in this world today. I doubt that we can find many altruistic people or companies - I keep searching.

True, your definition of forum is correct but we narrow it to fixing and teaching as our central purpose and keep it there most of the time.

I am pleased you intend to contact the sales director. The corporation profile is important and a huge part of sales.

Great to meet you. May your journey into the unknown be wonder-filled. Best regards, JH

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Feb 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi chrisw

I understand you're being disgruntled, but your approach is very unfortunate. Yes this is a public forum, and as Joan highlights, it's for a purpose. We are here to help customers and stock contributors. Therefore if there is an issue, we expect that your post is either to update us of the issue, or to ask for assistance to resolve the issue.

Despite the circumstance of getting the subscription, I'm sure it included the option, to make informed decision, or to decline, which means Adobe did not force you to purchase the subscription. If you did not fully understand the terms and conditions, and you now wish to know then there's a polite way of doing it. If you did not seek to gain knowledge of the terms and conditions, then you cannot blame Adobe for the outcome.

Regards

JG

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Feb 23, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You may be well unhappy with the situation, but it‘s clearly written in the subscription conditions. You will loose the credits unused when you cancel your subscription, but you can decide to use them against images you would think you could need in the future as any image that is in your account will stay there forever.

It’s part of the business strategy to keep you in the subscription. That’s sure. But also: unused credits over the year old will expire.

It’s simply like that.

You’re not the first and you will not be the last to complain. But hey, I started using stock images when they did cost more than a yearly subscription per image and the use for those images was limited in time, so after a year you needed to buy a licence again, when you wanted to continue using that image.

From a contributor’s side that was much more interesting.

Regards, Abambo
Hard- and Software Engineer and Photographer.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Advisor ,
Feb 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

TriciaLawrence PeteGreen May we just close this now. I think we have covered the question. The longer this goes on with additional answers the more confused the customer will become. He is satisfied and taking his concern to sales management. JH  Abambo

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
chrisw30864448 AUTHOR LATEST
Explorer ,
Feb 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been shouted down and I am sufficiently shamed.  Yes, I read the very small print about the photos expiring, yes, it is on me to understand the rules of the subscription.  I felt the practice was unfair and raise a question.  I was incorrect to approach a question of fairness to users on an Adobe forum that is clearly to be used for performance issues and bugs, not for random complaints.

This is obviously my issue and mine alone, and I am sorry I questioned the business decisions of Adobe.  I will find a new source for stock photos, the three time a year I need them.  Thank you all for the open-minded discussion.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines