• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Editing Adobe Stock Mock Up Layers

Explorer ,
Sep 25, 2018 Sep 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello. I am having issues finding how to edit a mock up adobe stock image. Here is the image I am trying to edit. It says it has layers. When I open it in photoshop, no layers become visible. When I double click to edit, it opens in illustrator, shows the layers, but doesn't give me the option to insert my image where it needs to be. Help please!

Screenshot (25).png

Screenshot (26).png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Sep 25, 2018 Sep 25, 2018

Hi Rebecca,

I have checked the file( 161191306) at my end and noticed that it is an Ai file.

I agree that when you open up the file in Illustrator, the file has been created with a lot of groups in it. You may get the individual layers of the file by expanding it or ungrouping it. You can go to Object> click on ungroup> and the individual layers are created. However, the file is created in such a manner by the creator that it is not possible to insert an image in Illustrator. You will have to plac

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Rebecca,

I have checked the file( 161191306) at my end and noticed that it is an Ai file.

I agree that when you open up the file in Illustrator, the file has been created with a lot of groups in it. You may get the individual layers of the file by expanding it or ungrouping it. You can go to Object> click on ungroup> and the individual layers are created. However, the file is created in such a manner by the creator that it is not possible to insert an image in Illustrator. You will have to place an image and can edit it or rotate it according to your appropriate needs by going to "Effect" option and clicking on 3D and then "Extrude and Bevel".

To open the file in Photoshop with layers, please follow the steps.

Firstly, open the file in Illustrator> Export it and save it as .PSD file> Now open it in Photoshop> It will display the layers.

Now you can Place the image by going to the file menu> click on the place as the embedded option under the file menu> select the image you desire> Go to Edit and click on free transform/ type CTRL+T> then drag and place the image in the desired rectangle by pressing the shift command.

Hope this helps!

Feel free to update this thread in case of any additional questions.

Regards,

Twarita

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 26, 2018 Sep 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much. This is what I needed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are welcome, Rebecca.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I export it, it flattens the layers. I am not sure how to keep it from flattening the layers. twaritar3263062​

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Rebecca,

After exporting the file, go to file menu and click on "save as" option, once done make sure that the layers box is checked in. Please see the screenshot below:

Regards,

Twarita

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

twaritar3263062​ So I open it in photoshop once exported and then save as and then it will open all the layers? Or do I save as in illustrator with the layers? Because if the layers are already merged when I open it in photoshop after it is exported, how will it open all the layers?

This is how it opens once I exported it from illustrator. everything is merged. Screenshot (27).png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Rebecca,

I can see you already have the layers in the file(in the screenshot you have shared above), you just need to save the file as PSD and photoshop will retain the layers. Next time you open the same file in the Photoshop you will see the layers.

Regards,

Twarita

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

twaritar3263062​ ok. so i did exactly as you told me above. exactly. this first screen shot is in Ai. All the layers are there.Screenshot (26)_LI.jpg

then when I save it as a .psd file and open it in photoshop, the layers are all merged.

Screenshot (28)_LI.jpg

there is no way to edit the layers i need in photoshop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Looping in Sahil.Chawla to help you better.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Rebeccay,

I just tried opening this file in Illustrator and I was able to view and edit all the layers. Then I tried saving it out of Illustrator as a PSD with "Write Layers" option selected, however some of the elements got merged together which resulted in the same results as yours.

So I went ahead and ungrouped the layers in Illustrator and then exported as psd. Here is the link: Dropbox - With Layers.psd

Regards,
Sahil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 27, 2018 Sep 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you! Sahil.Chawla twaritar3263062​

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'd be happy to help ya. It's not quite apparent what you need to do, but masking is your friend in this case. Since the document is an Illustrator file, lets stay inside illustrator to make your edits.

1. place your image into the document below(behind) the rectangle you want it to be contained in.

2. select the rectangle and your photo layer and right click and choose Make Clipping Mask

clipping1.jpg

3. If you double click the new masked image you can then adjust it as you see fit. Scale, perspective, skew etc.

clipping2.jpg

4. Simply do this for all your images and you should be all set.

Hope that helped!

- Dax

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

maxwithdax​ this is what I am needing to do. However when I add in my cover image, I am unable to get it just behind the rectangle. It goes behind all the layers. Then I am unable to just select the rectangle and the image. I am familiar with clipping masks, so I know how to do it, for some reason I just am unable to do it with this template.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Buy Adobe Stock
Getting Started