• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Every day this happens!

Explorer ,
Aug 14, 2017 Aug 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Every single day it goes completely dead! between 13.00 up to 19.00 European time. Same thing, same time span every single day. Why is this?

Its not only me its for lots of contributors.

I'm really interested in why? cheers!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Contributor , Aug 15, 2017 Aug 15, 2017

Today's a holiday here in Bavaria and "Ferragosto" in Italy. Probably in other southern European countries, too.
That doesn't explain the overall problems, though. My sales are about to reach a new historical low as well, although more than 70% of my earnings recently came from the US, say: most likely from Adobe Stock and not from Fotolia.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If that's the time I could say that it is the "siesta"!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tea time?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What!  siesta for 8 hours??  dont think so!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is an extended siesta becouse  this summer is too hot!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Aug 15, 2017 Aug 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Siesta??? Das sieht mir eher nach einem umfangreichen Käuferstreik aus... Stundenlang nichts - und das auf einem Dienstag !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Fritz...

Ja, heute ist echt wenig los...Ich denke die Ferienzeit hat gerade das Maximum an Auswirkung erreicht. So krass hab ich das auch noch nicht erlebt...

Grüße

Volker

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Today's a holiday here in Bavaria and "Ferragosto" in Italy. Probably in other southern European countries, too.
That doesn't explain the overall problems, though. My sales are about to reach a new historical low as well, although more than 70% of my earnings recently came from the US, say: most likely from Adobe Stock and not from Fotolia.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hallo Anja - es ist zwar müssig immer wieder über die sinkenden Umsätze zu jammern aber der Ärger sitzt echt tief. Letzte Woche lief es bei mir endlich mal wieder richtig gut ( für die Urlaubszeit) aber gestern und heute mal wieder eine echte Katastrophe... Naja - was soll's.. .

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Aug 16, 2017 Aug 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Geht mir ähnlich, Fritz. Bis vor ein paar Wochen lief es ganz gut, aber inzwischen bin ich wirklich bei einem "Taschengeld"-Level angekommen. Wenn das so weitergeht, kann ich mein Portfolio hier dicht machen, einen großen Unterschied macht das nicht.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 17, 2017 Aug 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ein Taschengeld! Ja, das trifft den Nagel auf den Kopf...  Anja.
Für mich persönliche gibt es auch keine Hoffnung auf Besserung mehr...  ich habe so lange an Fotolia festgehalten, viel zu lange.
Aber es wird einfach Tag für Tag weniger.... und wenn ich schon diese Abo-Centbeträge sehe, könnte ich laut los schreien.
Nun habe ich nochmal ein paar Bilder hochgeladen, aber das wars dann. Das hier ist die Mühe nicht mehr Wert.

@ Anja:An deiner Stelle würde ich meine Sachen auch nicht hier lassen (also für den Fall)... da steckt sooooviel Arbeit drin...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Die vielen Abo-Verkäufe machen wirklich alles kaputt.

Ich freue mich mittlerweile darüber, einen mittleren Credit-Verkauf dazwischen zu haben.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Haha, ja... geht mir genauso, Gabriele!
Ist das nicht unglaublich traurig?
Man kommt sich hier inzwischen vor wie ein Depp

Ich hoffe sehr, dass nicht doch die Hoffnung wieder in mir aufkeimt und ich mich endlich mit vollem Elan der neuen Agentur widmen kann

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 18, 2017 Aug 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Emmi, gerade bei Dir und Deinem wunderschönen Portfolio kann ich das alles nicht verstehen, was da passiert.....

Es ist wirklich unglaublich traurig!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Chris, this month has been very poor.... they seem to be slowly but surely closing FT down, pushing people towards Adobe. This is all fair enough but Adobe has no replacement for the credit sales we're now losing.

I've just finished uploading 8k files to 2 other agencies.....so hopefully this could be the start of the end for Adobe for me, it's barely worth the time here now. It's making me angry just thinking about it so maybe it is the right time to say goodbye. Just not convinced they really care anymore. It's as if they want the library as a clip art section for their Adobe software and happy to get rid of all other portals.

It's a crying shame really, FT was going all guns before Adobe took over, and now they're throttling the life out of FT ..... and losing the volume to boot. There appears to be a certain agency though thats scoring on their behalf though.... which is good to see.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For me nothing has changed really other then the forums. But I would like an increase in business like other people.

But of course there's no denying it that more quality images available do help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 21, 2017 Aug 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know Duncan!! same here and with a few friends. I dont mind at all if they push it towards Adobe but Adobe is not producing. In fact the old Fotolia was far, far better. I uploaded 3500 files and videos to other places, in the last three months and its paying off handsomely!!...I will give it util the end of the year and if no change? . I'm out!

all the best mate!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 22, 2017 Aug 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here. 9 hours with nothing... nowt. Looks like my ports been invisible again overnight. I'd normally wake to between $5-$15 sales... today, $0. Looks like it's going to be another crap day at AS.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 22, 2017 Aug 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know! unbelievable!!  its down to my number 5 agency, even one middle tier agency is doing much better. Whats happening?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had two downloads in the morning.

It will become  the worst month since march 2014.

Now I am back to bronze level.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree with PaintedKitty really time to drink tea). And you can increase your business only with the help of advertising (Link removed by moderator). All marketers eventually come to this conclusion.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ich bin mittlerweile wieder fast bei Weiß (im Moment aber Gold) angekommen. Letzte Woche ging es mal wieder, doch diese Woche kriegt man echt wieder Kopfschmerzen. Ein Download gestern in S, ein einziger und heute ganze 4 Abos aber alles wird ja angeblich besser.
Da lese ich nun, dass es bei fast allen nur noch abwärts geht. Das ist ein Trauerspiel. "Taschgengeld" ist wirklich der beste Begriff für dieses Dilemma.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bin gerade auf dem absoluten Tiefstand. Fast nur noch Abos und einige kleine Credit-Verkäufe.

Ist wirklich ein Trauerspiel.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ich denke, ich werde das alles noch ein paar Monate beobachten. Die Wintermonate sind bei mir traditionell die besten. Aber wenn sich der Trend fortsetzen sollte und sich auch dann nichts ändert, bin ich durchaus bereit, das alles hier sein zu lassen.
Und eines ist für mich klar: Wenn ich mich aus der Microstock-Branche verabschiede, weil ich keine adäquaten Umsätze mehr machen kann, dann nehme ich meine Inhalte mit. Ich werde die Arbeit von mehreren Jahren sicherlich nicht für praktisch nichts zur Verfügung stellen.
Andere Vertriebswege entwickeln sich für mich im Moment positiv und ich werde einen Teufel tun, mir selbst Konkurrenz zu machen, indem ich sich überschneidende Inhalte über Plattformen vermarkte, von denen kein nennenswerter Umsatz mehr zu erwarten ist.
Wie gesagt: Warten wir's ab. Aber von meinen Agenturen erwarte ich schon auch eine Gegenleistung für das, was sie an meiner Arbeit verdienen.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Exactly. For now, my time is being used to bring in new sales channels but if Adobe / FT continue this downward spiral without any way of making up for the lost credit sale revenues etc, I'll just pull my port to ensure it's not available as bargain basement subs packs...

It's crazy, DPC managed to provide cheap sales for clients but also had a massive sales volume to make up for it.... more than make up for it.  Now, contributors are getting bargain basement payouts with no volume while Adobe receive a nice large monthly subscription from the clients. I used to hit over 350 sales per week and now..... not even 150!

It appears that they're benefiting from the nice monthly subscriptions while we end up with cents. I sense an iStock mark 2 coming on. Real shame.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Buy Adobe Stock
Getting Started