• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Fotolia: Commerical usage of standard asset

New Here ,
Dec 05, 2018 Dec 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thought I'd get a better response in this forum. Can I use a small part of a Fotolia image (standard license) in a commercial product since this is allowed with Adobe?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Dec 11, 2018 Dec 11, 2018

This seems fine to me. The final image is modified now and does not resemble the original so it can be used as per your requirements.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Thanks for reaching out to the Adobe Stock community.

If you wish to use an Adobe Stock asset for commercial purpose, you will require an Extended license.

For more details on the licensing terms and restrictions of Adobe Stock, please see Stock Licensing & terms FAQ: Where can I find the terms and licensing information for Adobe Stock?

Feel free to update this thread in case of any additional questions.

Regards,

Twarita

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm a bit confused... in a recent post you said:

"Although, if you wish to combine multiple Adobe Stock images and modify them, you can use a standard license.

However, the image is considered modified when the final modified version of the image shows no resemblance to the original image.

Note: Standard license allows up to 500,000 copies or views of the asset."

My take would be using only a small part should be construed as part of using multiple images to make a picture. Adding too many parts or additions may spoil the new image. My aim is going for simplicity and by using only a few modified small parts, it guarantees no resemblance to the original image.

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Could you please share some screenshots of your work so that we can review them and can let you know the specific license usage?

Regards,

Twarita

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 06, 2018 Dec 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

test2.jpgsure. Something like this. I hope it meets your requirements and approval. Fotolia 201367109, 141205696, 183509631. It is possible that I may only use 2 images if I am unable to find a suitable background to meet my needs.

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 06, 2018 Dec 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If this doesn't work for you, perhaps you could require that at least one image has to an extended license. I think I could work with that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 07, 2018 Dec 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

If you're using parts of each image it would be modified but if you're using the image as a smaller version then it doesn't count to be as modified and would apply the general terms of use.

For commercial use, you'll require an extended license.

Regards,

Sheena

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 07, 2018 Dec 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sheena, thanks for your response. However, you did not critique or make a determination on the image that was submitted for review. I need clarification before I can proceed work. Based on your text -- using small portions of larger images, I think the image I submitted would qualify for commercial usage. However, this is only my opinion. You may differ.

The cost of using multiple standard licenses can be just as expensive as using an extended license, so it does seem fair.

Therefore, based on the image for review, does it qualify for commercial usage with standard licenses? If not, can you be specific as it relates to the image such as - portions used of one image was not small enough, etc, or make recommendations for compliance.

Thank you so much.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 10, 2018 Dec 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you provide the File ID of the original image from where you've taken the portions so that I can check and confirm?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi!

Yes, they were provided with the image above.

They are: Fotolia 201367109, 141205696, 183509631.

It would be great if I could get an answer today.

Thank you so much,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

test2.jpgFotoliaComp_183509631_BUCZzhQ7CdFKWGbuIizHfQN2bvMSSIKT_NW40.jpgFotoliaComp_141205696_H2b54QT1LLfZqb9yLOh31PCiOg4EE25M_NW40.jpgFotoliaComp_201367109_1i6dpkCTGaLY6ZXrJsZGjA4SvB61p8Yg_NW40.jpgI hope this helps. The last 3 images are the source.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 11, 2018 Dec 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This seems fine to me. The final image is modified now and does not resemble the original so it can be used as per your requirements.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 11, 2018 Dec 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you sooooooo much!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Buy Adobe Stock
Getting Started