• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Fotolia vs Adobe Stock extended license price

New Here ,
May 20, 2018 May 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Am I crazy, or does Fotolia sale extended licenses for much cheaper than Adobe stock?  Most extended license images on Fotolia go for 30 points (about $40) as opposed to Adobe stocks flat rate of $79.99!!!  What am I missing here?  I feel like the internet is trying to pressure me into only using Adobe stock.  I'm an artist that uses photographs as the basis of my paintings.  I spend several thousands of dollars a year on extended license to protect myself.  Can someone please explain to me why there is such a price difference? 

Thanks,

Patrick

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , May 21, 2018 May 21, 2018

Hi Patrick,

In January 2015, Dollar Photo Club and its parent company Fotolia were acquired by Adobe. So the prices for all the assets are same. Since you are able to notice certain on-demand purchase at $40, please share a screenshot of the image/asset(along with the file ID) so that I can check and let you know.

Please let me know if I have misunderstood your question.

Regards

Twarita

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
May 21, 2018 May 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Patrick,

Please see Stock FAQ: What are Extended licenses? for more details on extended licenses offered by Adobe.

Also, the extended licenses are to be purchased on demand and therefore are not a part of any plans.

Regards,

Sheena

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Sheena,

Thanks, but this does not answer my question.  On demand extended licenses on Fotolia are different prices but a lot of them are around $40 for an on demand purchase, without a subscription.  Adobe stock is a flat rate of $79.99.  I’m an artist that uses photos from which I make derivative work.  My question is why the huge price difference?

Thanks,

Patrick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Patrick,

In January 2015, Dollar Photo Club and its parent company Fotolia were acquired by Adobe. So the prices for all the assets are same. Since you are able to notice certain on-demand purchase at $40, please share a screenshot of the image/asset(along with the file ID) so that I can check and let you know.

Please let me know if I have misunderstood your question.

Regards

Twarita

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 09, 2018 Dec 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Adobe is a real crook, my fotolia account is now empty because I bought credits from fotolia 1 year ago and now have to go through the stock adobe racket

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Buy Adobe Stock
Getting Started