• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Fraudulent Charges - Outrageous Termination Fee

New Here ,
Dec 22, 2018 Dec 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been trying to cancel the subscription. Extremely difficult to contact Adobe is right. A forum? Really? And other means of contact are nothing but broken links. To top it all off now in order to cancel I have to pay a whopper of a fee (178,45 € cancellation payment). This is a trap for consumers with free trials being the bait. I didn't even use the last month offer. Its useless to me. Nowhere did i see any mention of a cancellation fee. Adobe Stock is a complete scam. I want out. I want my plan canceled, my account deleted and I want the cancellation fee waived. Adobe should be ashamed. Ridiculous!

This is the worst customer service experience. Shame on your deceptive trial offer and poor customer service.

Resolve this issue as soon as possible.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Dec 24, 2018 Dec 24, 2018

Hi Asfandyar,

Sorry to hear that you are facing issues with Adobe Stock services.

When you subscribe to the Adobe Stock promo offer, the first month is a free trial, Adobe doesn't charge you for the 1st month; the subscription billing actually starts from the second month. If you cancel during the first-month billing cycle, your credit card will not be charged and your service will continue until the end of that first month’s billing cycle. If you cancel within 14 days after the beginning of the s

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 24, 2018 Dec 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Asfandyar,

Sorry to hear that you are facing issues with Adobe Stock services.

When you subscribe to the Adobe Stock promo offer, the first month is a free trial, Adobe doesn't charge you for the 1st month; the subscription billing actually starts from the second month. If you cancel during the first-month billing cycle, your credit card will not be charged and your service will continue until the end of that first month’s billing cycle. If you cancel within 14 days after the beginning of the second month’s billing cycle, you’ll be fully refunded. If you cancel the service after the 14th day after the beginning of the second month’s billing cycle, you’ll be charged 50% of your remaining contract obligation.

For more information, you may also refer to Adobe Subscription and Cancellation Terms | Adobe

I have checked your account details and noticed that you had signed up for Adobe Stock 10 images per month(one-year) plan on 25 Oct 2018. Please check your private message for more details.

Regards,

Twarita

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 24, 2018 Dec 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm sorry, but the cancellation conditions are clearly something you will need to read. And it is clearly part of them when you take a one year subscription. For promising to keep the subscription for a whole year, you get a special price. That special price however engages you to pay 50% of the remaining charge if you want to cancel early.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 10, 2019 Apr 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's a complete SCAM! I fell in a similar situation.

Got a Voucher code from a Hard Drive provider (Lacie) for free 6 month, and after 1 month I was charged for it without even knowing I had enrolled in a 1 year contract.....

Now that I want to cancel all this they want to charge me 50% of the year.... around 370eur.... Adobe you should make customers happy not rip them off!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 10, 2019 Apr 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please show me the advert or the announcement of LaCie. Conditions on such actions are normally very clear.

BTW: If the voucher was in connection with LaCie and they promised you 6 month free, contact LaCie Customer Service for a refund.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 06, 2020 Feb 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm so with you! My email was used to set up fake account and now that I let them know I am being asked to pay the cancellation fee to even delete this fake account. Great Adobe let's support hackers everywhere by punshing those of us trying to keep fake accounts off your site. Once they get in it will only be a matter of time before Adobe is completely exposed. I was recommended by the FTC to look for fake accounts. Everyone I have dealt with so far were grateful I let them know so they could remove and secure. Not Adobe, they want my money before they will remove it. What happened to you guys? I have been an adobe user since 1995. They were once one of the best. Now you set people up to get ripped off? This is not the right way to make money! I will be returning to the FTC to alert them on the fact you will not remove a fake account from your site. Maybe they can knock some sense into you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 23, 2020 Jul 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes I am too so disappointed about Adobe, that they came to this misleading practice of "cancellation" fee.

I tried Acrobat Pro at an already relatively high price of $14.99/month and they charged me $34.69 for canceling after 1 month. I don't recall at all seeing any "fine print" but in any case. no company that treats their customer with respect does that anymore. I will have to go back to the 80s... I spent thousands with Adobe in the past and regret it now. What happened to you Adobe? Please fix that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Buy Adobe Stock
Getting Started