Gross malpractice (credit scam)

Community Beginner ,
Jun 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have 83 credits on my account that I "Must" use within the next 8 days otherwise I will lose them all despite having paid monthly for them just because I cannot afford to keep a ridiculously priced yearly license.

I have paid fair and square every month for these credits and it so happens that I've had a slow year therefore was not able to use many of them, but I do expect them to become of use later on in my career.

Forcing me to basically forfeit them by using these credits on random assets just for the sake of not throwing them away is just appalling and an insult to loyal customers to Adobe as myself.

You cannot force a person to download an asset on a project they don't have yet, assets are needed when called for, not preemptively.

I feel robbed and after 2 decades of being a loyal paying adobe customer, for a company that CATERS to designers, do you honestly believe that this kind of business practice is fair to your customers?

TLDR: I paid $400 this year of which 3/4 of it is now being forced to go to waste because my business could not keep up with the spending allowance, turns out you don't really "own" credits you "buy" on Adobe stock.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Gross malpractice (credit scam)

Community Beginner ,
Jun 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have 83 credits on my account that I "Must" use within the next 8 days otherwise I will lose them all despite having paid monthly for them just because I cannot afford to keep a ridiculously priced yearly license.

I have paid fair and square every month for these credits and it so happens that I've had a slow year therefore was not able to use many of them, but I do expect them to become of use later on in my career.

Forcing me to basically forfeit them by using these credits on random assets just for the sake of not throwing them away is just appalling and an insult to loyal customers to Adobe as myself.

You cannot force a person to download an asset on a project they don't have yet, assets are needed when called for, not preemptively.

I feel robbed and after 2 decades of being a loyal paying adobe customer, for a company that CATERS to designers, do you honestly believe that this kind of business practice is fair to your customers?

TLDR: I paid $400 this year of which 3/4 of it is now being forced to go to waste because my business could not keep up with the spending allowance, turns out you don't really "own" credits you "buy" on Adobe stock.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Jun 10, 2019 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jun 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry for your troubles, but the conditions are known as soon as you take the subscription. And the conditions differ in nothing on this point to the conditions other companies have.

Regards, Abambo
Hard- and Software Engineer and Photographer.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 11, 2019 0
Community Beginner ,
Jun 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

While I understand that it's stated (will not get into the whole 10 free credit thing that got me hooked to a yearly plan without really noticing the implications), I realize that it is my fault for falling for it.

HOWEVER.

Comparing Adobe to other companies is not really fair as this is a company that should understand that their user-base work on a 'need-to' basis, meaning if I paid for credits, it's because I know I'll eventually use them, forcing me to use them or "otherwise" is like holding a gun to my head, and that is absolutely appalling.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 11, 2019 0
LEGEND ,
Jun 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Really no different than cell phone data for one example. You get so much per month but if you don't use it you don't get to keep them when you stop the services.

That' simply the way subscriptions work. You have access while you are paying. Stop paying, stop  having access.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 11, 2019 0
Community Beginner ,
Jun 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You'd hope that in a field like DESIGN (which is what Adobe thrives on), people like you and Adobe would understand that you can't force asset use on demand.

We freelancers have clients, sometimes, there are slower periods, I am on one of those slower periods, therefore I have no use for assets at this very moment, however, when a new client emerges, I will start needing them again.

The comparison of a cell phone data plan with the above is absurd as these are two completely separate use-cases of which a company like Adobe should understand and be compassionate with its freelancer user-base.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 11, 2019 0
Resources
Buy Adobe Stock
Getting Started