hello people

New Here ,
Oct 28, 2020 Oct 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i purchesd a 3d file from adobe stock i can open in photoshop and dimension but the plan was to use it for engraving work.  the shop i am dealing with  wasnt able to download it and asked for a vector base file. but the folder sent by adobe contain only .mtl .obj and .Png 

whats the trick here ?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I moved your post over from the poorly named "Using the Community" forum, which is for getting help using this forum system, to a better forum.

I hope this helps. Best of luck to you.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi saharh28051412,

Your question may get a better answer from the Phothoshop: https://community.adobe.com/t5/photoshop/bd-p/photoshop?page=1&sort=latest_replies&filter=all or Dimension: https://community.adobe.com/t5/dimension/bd-p/dimension?page=1&sort=latest_replies&filter=all communities as they would be familiar with the manipulation of this file type.

EBQ

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I think it's fair to say you obtained the wrong kind of file for this project.  Always start with the specifications and go from there.  An example of a vector graphic file would be math-based SVG, AI or EPS for Illustrator.

Your engraver needs high quality vector so that it can be rescaled up or down without any loss in quality.  That's not possible with pixel-based, raster images like JPG or PNG.

Nancy O'Shea, Adobe Product User & Community Professional
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines