• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do I buy an extended license?

New Here ,
Jul 05, 2018 Jul 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Seems like a basic question but how do I get an extended license?

And if it's image specific is there a way to search by license type?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Adobe Employee , Jul 05, 2018 Jul 05, 2018

Hi Teresa,

Thanks for reaching out to the Adobe Stock community.

Extended licenses can be purchased on demand. If you want to use the Adobe Stock images in merchandise or for resale purpose, for that you would be requiring an Extended license.

An Extended license comes for $79.99 as shown in the screenshot below:

For more information on the licensing terms and restrictions of Adobe Stock, please see Stock Licensing & terms FAQ: Where can I find the terms and licensing information for Adobe Stock?

Fe

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , Aug 06, 2020 Aug 06, 2020

Subscription Content is the same as "Standard Content" - we switch the display of that when user with subscription logged into Stock site.

Regards,

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Teresa,

Thanks for reaching out to the Adobe Stock community.

Extended licenses can be purchased on demand. If you want to use the Adobe Stock images in merchandise or for resale purpose, for that you would be requiring an Extended license.

An Extended license comes for $79.99 as shown in the screenshot below:

For more information on the licensing terms and restrictions of Adobe Stock, please see Stock Licensing & terms FAQ: Where can I find the terms and licensing information for Adobe Stock?

Feel free to update this thread in case of any additional questions.

Regards,

Twarita

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

But I'm not seeing the extended license tab when I look at the images.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 06, 2018 Jul 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could you please post a screenshot similar to Twarita's showing what ​you​ see?

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screen Shot 2018-07-06 at 11.17.02 AM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As you can see by the screenshot, I just don't seem to have that tab on the page!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Teresa,

The image you have shared above is a premium image and comes under the Enhanced license.

Regards,

Twarita

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 07, 2018 Jul 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

so only specific images are available for extended licenses? Is there a way to filter image searches so I know which ones are eligible?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 08, 2018 Jul 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

wistfullull  wrote

so only specific images are available for extended licenses? Is there a way to filter image searches so I know which ones are eligible?

It’s more the other way around. Premium images are not available for extended licenses.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 09, 2018 Jul 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Teresa,

Currently, on the Adobe Stock website, there is no way to filter images according to the license type(standard or enhanced or extended).

Feel free to update this thread in case of any additional questions.

Regards,

Twarita

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 10, 2019 May 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would like to search for extended license video clips to purchase, is this feature available yet?  We can't find any clips with extended license for "plane", or almost any category, is this a bug?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi H. S.,

Videos come with an "Enhanced" license see: License information and Terms of use | Adobe Stock  for more info about this license type.

EBQ

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you , we see they come with the "enhanced", but we may need the "extended" so they can be used in products for resale. 

See image below, with "enhanced", can you use video clips 'non-prominently' in products for re-sale? We want to use some clips in our episode... plane take off, overhead city shots, etc.  This would not be "prominent", right?  Would it be "prominent" if we use city clips in the show opening theme each episode?

Enhanced License says, it cannot be used prominently in products for resale.  Does this mean it CAN be resold if it's NOT prominent?

Our show may be resold to cable and broadcast TV, also including OTT and web services (like iTunes, Amazon VOD purchase to OWN or Netflix) are these considered "resale" since people are paying for them, or does "resale" mean only when featured in physical merchandise and products like DVDs?

Please let us know if we need 'extended' license, and also know that we can not find ANY clips that come up as EXTENDED LICENSE when searching, seems strange.

Thanks again!

Screen Shot 2019-05-10 at 3.54.10 PM.pngScreen Shot 2019-05-10 at 3.54.07 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 11, 2019 May 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

“Prominently” means that it is the main argument to buy the thing you’re selling.

It’s best explained with an analogy. If it would be a photo an you would sell T-shirts with the photo on, the photo would be used “prominently” to sell your t-shirt.

Does this help to see the license type you need?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 05, 2020 Aug 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there still no way to filter for extended licenses?

"Hi Teresa,

Currently, on the Adobe Stock website, there is no way to filter images according to the license type(standard or enhanced or extended).

Feel free to update this thread in case of any additional questions."

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi treyw...,

Standard assets can be licensed as standard or extended.  If you filtered for extended licenses it would be the same as standard assets. The terms can be viewed here: https://stock.adobe.com/license-terms

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It looks like you can filter for: 

Price - Subscription vs. Premium Content

Usage Rights - Commercial use vs Editorial use

Can you show me where you can filter for "standard assets" as I don't see that option on the filter bar. 

I read that link you shared before I posted, in fact that's where I learned that I needed an enhanced license. That link does not answer the question of how to filter when searching, and therefore is not relevant to my question...........

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

EvilBugQueen1_0-1596674213406.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's really awesome for you that your filter sidebar looks like that. Not how mine is displayed. Maybe as an Adobe employee you can figure our why there's a disparity.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 06, 2020 Aug 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh there's probably some A/B test going on. In that case you should be filtering on subscription content.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 06, 2020 Aug 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Subscription Content is the same as "Standard Content" - we switch the display of that when user with subscription logged into Stock site.

Regards,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 17, 2018 Jul 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Teresa,

Here is some information regarding enhanced licensing: License information and Terms of use | Adobe Stock I think that the terms described here will cover what you are looking for. Enhanced license terms are included with all premium and editorial assets. These terms are not the default for standard assets which is why users have the option for broader terms of use when selecting an extended license.

EBQ

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Buy Adobe Stock
Getting Started