• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

how do I unlicense something that I purchased accidentally?

Explorer ,
Jul 20, 2015 Jul 20, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm just now figuring out this adobe stock and there are buttons all over to license stuff, and I can't see any prices anywhere.  I apparently have x photos that I can license as part of my subscription, but as I was traversing the site trying to see what stuff costs I ended up accidentally licensing a photo twice.  It really needs more feedback on what I am about to do.  So, how do I un-license the extra copy of a photo?

Thanks!

TOPICS
Licensing

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Adobe Employee , Aug 07, 2015 Aug 07, 2015

Hi there

I've added a license credit to your account to replace the duplicate image ordered in error.

Kind regards

Bev

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , Dec 16, 2019 Dec 16, 2019

Hi K.,

Apologies, I only now saw your post. I don't see a record of you contacting customer care under the Adobe ID you are using here on the forums. I'm sorry you had a poor experience if you decide to renew your Adobe Stock subscription by the 19th, thirty days from when you closed your most recent subscription, I can assist you with receiving a replacent for the accidental licenses.

EBQ

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 712 Replies 712
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 20, 2016 Sep 20, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi P4ugusto

Once an image has been licensed it's not possible to reverse this.  Please use the preview option instead.  I've added 2 credits to your account to replace the ones licensed by mistake.

Kind regards

Bev

Adobe Support

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 15, 2016 Nov 15, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Bev,

Ive just found this thread as I made the exact same error - licences an image accidentally whilst scrolling. Could you please remove this for me? number is 95417016

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 16, 2016 Nov 16, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi malcolmd37551167

I've added a credit to your account to replace the image licensed accidentally.

Kind regards

Bev

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 02, 2017 Feb 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Me too!  Can I unlicense all my images?  I did not realize that I was saving and licensing!

Thanks, Kristina

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 17, 2017 Feb 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Bev,

I have done the same thing - accidentally licensed two images:

&

Is it possible to remove these?

Thank you,

James

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 20, 2017 Feb 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi James

It's not possible to remove images once they've been licensed.  I've added 2 credits to your account as a gesture of goodwill.

Kind regards

Bev

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 20, 2017 Feb 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Bev,

Thanks, greatly appreciated.

Cheers,

James

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 22, 2017 Feb 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 28, 2017 Feb 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi chayak57964291

We don't have a way to retract this, but I've added a credit to your account so you can select another image.

Kind regards

Bev

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 07, 2018 Jan 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I accidentally licensed a photo by hitting the wrong button. Could you please pull it from my account. It is  #163917957

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 08, 2018 Jan 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Billy,

I apologize as there is no way to unlicense the image once it is licensed.

But I've added one credit to your account so that you can use it against this image.

Hope that helps!

Regards,

Sheena

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 08, 2018 Jan 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Sheena!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 10, 2018 Jan 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello. I have the same problem. I was adding photos to library but I licenced them (by mistake). Can you help me unlicence pictures and don't need/want to download

Thank you

Radoslav

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 10, 2018 Jan 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello. I have the same problem. I was adding photos to library but I licenced them (by mistake). Can you help me unlicence pictures and don't need/want to download

Thank you

Radoslav

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 17, 2018 Feb 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

while scrolling through the images today, Ive tried to open one and while clicking on it i accidentaly licensed it.

Is there any way to give it back? Im realy not interested in using that image?

If no at least take it as a feedback to make licensing bit harder, maybe just one confirmation window popup.

Thanks

Jakub

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 19, 2018 Feb 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jakub,

Sorry for the trouble it has caused to you.

I have checked your account details and have added an image license to it so that you can use it for a different image.

Hope this helps!

Feel free to update this thread in case of any additional questions.

Regards

Twarita

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 20, 2018 Feb 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I've also accidentally added two images, which I did not intend to purchase. The first (#172706500) is about a month ago, when I opened the my account. The other one (#79238910) just yet.

Sorry about this.

Thanks for helping!

Regards,

Jaider

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 21, 2018 Feb 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jaider,

I see you have an Adobe account under the same ID as with forums. Since you have accidentally licensed 2 Stock images, I have added 2 image licenses to your account so that you can use them for different images.

Hope that helps!

Regards

Twarita

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Twarita,

Thank you very much for helping. Take care!

Regards,

Jaider

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are welcome Jaider

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 31, 2018 Jul 31, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I accidentally licensed the below files in error, could someone help me unlicensed or with a credit?

Thank you in advance,

Eric Fuentes

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Eric,

Since you have accidentally licensed 2 Stock files, I have added 2 image licenses to your account so that you can use it against a different image.

Please refer to the help document: Stock FAQ: How to license an image with Adobe Stock? to license an image correctly in Adobe Stock.

Hope this helps!

Regards,

Twarita

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you twaritar!

Eric Fuentes

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are welcome!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 03, 2018 Aug 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi twaritar3263062

Apologies if you are not the appropriate person to whom I should forward this message.

I accidentally licensed image #118993656 - my finger simply slipped. Could you help with this?

Thank in advance!

Sarah

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Buy Adobe Stock
Getting Started