• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to set a default library?

Community Beginner ,
Apr 17, 2020 Apr 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So my question is this: I have a library that is full (I spring between multiple projects) and when I want to try to save an asset to a specific library, I'm not given the chance to do so. The asset automatically tries to save to the last library (as you stated) and I receive a notice, "Could not save into [folder]" but I don't see anywhere to move this asset to the library I want it to go to.

TOPICS
Troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Apr 20, 2020 Apr 20, 2020

Create a new library. It will become your default library.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 20, 2020 Apr 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Create a new library. It will become your default library.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 07, 2020 Jul 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That did not work for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 14, 2020 Jul 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi rosemaryt...,

From the Adobe Stock website save the asset or preview to a library. When you do this you will see pop-up menu in the upper right of your screen and this will allow you to manage your library and set the default library.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 23, 2020 Jul 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Edit: I seemed to have figured it out, however I'm not finding the option to delete my reply.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 23, 2020 Jul 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was wondering what happened to your original post. I'm glad you figured it out. I have passed this on to our product management team. There used to be a feature that allowed users to set the default from the actual library but some design changes removed it. You are not alone in your request for this feature.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 16, 2020 Dec 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This doesn't work for me, and I can't figure out how to rresolve it. No matter what I do, everything is saving into the 2nd to last library I created, NOT the most reent one. Yes, I can move the images after I've saved them, but it's quite annoying to have to change each one. I feel like previously, we were able to assign a particular library as the default. That makes it much easier when you have to jump between projects.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@michellen78583256 can you try this please? View all libraries on the Adobe Stock website. Open a library that you do not want as your default. Click on the thumbnail for an asset in the library and save the file to a library, you'll see a pop-up in the upper right portion of the screen and a Manage default link. Click the link and set the new default library.

Let me know if the new default is not used the next time you save a file to a library. There may be a bug here and I'll need to know what you are seeing to figure out what is going on.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello! Thank you for replying. I tried what you suggested, and here's what
I found. When I go into the previously default library (named "Kinkade"),
and then click the heart to save an image to a library, it automatically
saves it into "Winter" which is the library I created today and what I want
for this project. BUT, when I do a search for images, the default remains
"Kinkade". I'm attaching some screenshots so you can see exactly what I
mean. In addition, in the "Manage" pop up, I do not have the option to set
the default.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just tried something else. I went back to the main Adobe Stock page and started a new search. NOW, it looks like it's updating the default as I swap libraries (keeping the previously selected library). I absolutley could not get this behavior to work prior to this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for this information @michellen78583256! I do think there is a bug here as I saw a similar issue today and then could not reproduce it immediately after. My colleague @Vani_100 is going to look into this further and may reach out to you for more information.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 09, 2021 Mar 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there a reason we have to "trick" Adobe Stock into a new default library? This seems like a sloppy workaround to something that should be visible/editable in a more obvious location. For example, If i click on the dropdown for "my libraries," there could be a checkbox to make a specific library default. Or you could go into "view all" and there could be a a checkbox or an option in the menu where it says, "send library link, rename library, delete library." A fourth option that said, "make library default" there would also be logical and a good UI practice. But going into a *different* library, selecting an Adobe Stock asset, moving it to a new library, then using the popup to change defaults seems very messy and illogical. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 17, 2020 Dec 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@michellen78583256  My colleague was able to reproduce this issue with your help and she has reported it to our engineering team. There is a bug when moving an asset from one library to another, the last library isn't retained as the default. Thank you for your help with this. We don't have an ETA on the fix for this but it will be some time after the holidays.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 20, 2020 Apr 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Assets do not save to the last library used by the user, my Adobe stock consistantly defaults to saving in a folder I haven't used for over a year (maybe 2 years), everytime I use Adobe Stock I have to change it to a library I named Adobe Stock (which is the only library I save to from Adobe Stock), but everytime I logout and back in it's back to saving in a default library, which I can't change by any method.

I'm surprised there isn't an option to set default or use last library, which would please both set of users.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 12, 2021 May 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am surprised it has been over a year and a simple way to define the default library is still not available.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 12, 2021 May 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

By saving to a folder do you mean downloading to a folder on your machine? Have you checked your libraries on the Adobe Stock website or https://assets.adobe.com/libraries?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Buy Adobe Stock
Getting Started