• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I downloaded an image from adobe stock to use in illustrator, but can't isolate layers, it is flat

Community Beginner ,
Jan 24, 2018 Jan 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also get an error message saying I have to purchase photoshop to edit the image, is this true? I thought I could edit adobe stock purchases in illustrator...

This is the message:

"To edit this item, please install Photoshop on your computer. If you were trying to place the item, you can do so by dragging it into an open document."

When I place the item, it doesn't let me see layers. I am able to greyscale it, but I want to change the size of the tower on the right...

Here is a link to the illustration from adobe stock:

Adobe Creative Cloud

Would be grateful for any help.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jan 25, 2018 Jan 25, 2018

Hi Jen,

I see you have downloaded a JPEG image(26249415), JPEG images are rasterized hence there are no layers preserved, they only have one layer(background layer).

So, if you wish to download file with layers please download .AI files as this file format have layers in it.

Feel free to update this thread in case of any additional questions.

Regards

Twarita

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 25, 2018 Jan 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hmmm...what part of this thread answer the question? I want to be able isolate the layers, but the image is flat. I don't think it is an image size problem, unless there is something I am missing...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jen,

Could you please help us with the file ID of the images that you're facing problem with so that we can check the same at our end and help you better?

Regards,

Sheena

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you! You can see the image number at the link I posted in the original post, but here it is too:)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jen,

I see you have downloaded a JPEG image(26249415), JPEG images are rasterized hence there are no layers preserved, they only have one layer(background layer).

So, if you wish to download file with layers please download .AI files as this file format have layers in it.

Feel free to update this thread in case of any additional questions.

Regards

Twarita

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 28, 2018 Jan 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Ah, got it! Thank you! Mystery solved.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Buy Adobe Stock
Getting Started