Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Image Help!

New Here ,
Jun 29, 2018 Jun 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HI-

I licensed the following image: #23941310  and would like to use it in InDesign on a colored background.  When I place it on the background, it has a white square around it.  I do not want the white square, I simply want the black image.  In the application, I have selected the image and clicked on 'Layers' and the image is a single layer, there is now 'background' layer to the image.  How can I remove the white square from the image?

Thank you!!

Danielle

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jun 29, 2018 Jun 29, 2018

Hi Danielle,

Thanks for reaching out to the Stock community.

I see you have downloaded a JPG file and the requirement you have cannot be achieved with this. JPG does not support transparency.  You need to find a PNG file.

However, I have shared the workaround below in order to achieve the desired result.

• Trace the file in Illustrator CC and then go to file and select the export option.

You may also refer to How to edit artwork in Illustrator using Image Trace

• Export the file as PNG as shown in the

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 29, 2018 Jun 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Danielle,

Thanks for reaching out to the Stock community.

I see you have downloaded a JPG file and the requirement you have cannot be achieved with this. JPG does not support transparency.  You need to find a PNG file.

However, I have shared the workaround below in order to achieve the desired result.

• Trace the file in Illustrator CC and then go to file and select the export option.

You may also refer to How to edit artwork in Illustrator using Image Trace

• Export the file as PNG as shown in the screenshot below:

• Then go to Indesign and place the image in Indesign.

Hope this helps!

Please let us know if you have any additional questions.

Regards,

Twarita

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Resources
Buy Adobe Stock
Getting Started