Image quality/low resolution

New Here ,
Mar 11, 2020 Mar 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have downloaded an image and then had to enlarge it for a booth backdrop.  But the printer for the booth says it is low resolution, only 30dpi and they need 150 dpi.  I thought maybe I had done something wrong while downloading so I tried it again and moved the resolution all the way to the right for 100.  But no luck it is still only 30dpi.  When I signed up and paid for this subscription I thought when I got images from Adobe that they would be high quality images so I wouldn't have any trouble with dpi.  I'm disappointed and now in a predicament as I have an order for a customer with a tight deadline and don't have a good image to work with. 

TOPICS
Troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 12, 2020 Mar 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

dpi mean next to nothing. That is a printing term. you need to find out what the PPI (Pixels Per Inch) are.

Then divid it by the size of the print you want to make with for the dpi it will be printed at to get that size print.

You may need to contact the original contributor to get a larger file from them.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We could tell you more if you provided the asset ID for the asset you are having the issue with. It sounds like you may be trying to open an .ai file in Photoshop. This can give you poor renderings of the asset.

EBQ

EBQ

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

File #38059822

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I downloaded the image and saved it.  Then I opened it in illustrator and enlarged it to an 8 foot size for a booth. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The image is a jpeg. If you click the thumbnail of the image you'll see the pixel dimensions are listed below the image. A jpeg printed that large will have pixellation. Please consult with your printer to determine minimum acceptable file size and then you can filter search based on that size. For a file printed at such a large size you should look for a vector file.

EBQ

EBQ

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines