Image resolution unclear

New Here ,
Feb 21, 2021 Feb 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am looking at images for a project that is an indoor billboard. When I'm looking at images on Adobe, all that I see is dimensions in pixels, but there's no mention of resolution (dpi or ppi).

For example, I am looking at this image: https://stock.adobe.com/ca/images/cheerful-happy-woman-enjoying-shopping/271775672?prev_url=detail

7000x3800px

But what is the resolution? 72dpi or 100dpi or 300dpi? Is there a standard resolution that Adobe uses/assumes when they post pixels?

TOPICS
Asset Quality, Troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Most Valuable Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

dpi = dots per inch

ppi = pixels per inch

these are both printing terms i.e, when you print a image onto actual paper is when they apply... until then a pixel is correct and can be almost any size depending on the screen its viewed on

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, yes, thank you, I am aware that dpi and ppi are both printing terms. I want to be able to print this image and therefore I need to know what resolution the image is at it's size as stated on Adobe Stock. For example, if an image is 20x20pixels at 100 dpi versus 20x20pixels at 300 dpi, obvioulsy it will be clearer and I can print it larger at 20x20pixels at 300 dpi compared to 100 dpi.

The images on Adobe Stock are only showing their dimensions in pixels, but it doesn't say what dpi or ppi the image has. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
Most Valuable Participant ,
Feb 22, 2021 Feb 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The ppi is absolutely irrelevant to you and to ALL stock purchasers because we don't know the size you will run at. The size in pixels is what you NEED. Using the size in pixels and your target billboard size, you can work out the effective ppi you will end up with, and see if it is suitable. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines