• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Image Sold as Transparent Background - Transparency Grid Still Visible in all Apps

New Here ,
Jun 12, 2018 Jun 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Image FIle (AI/EPS): 147450484.  I'm trying to use in InDesign.  Placement box has "Transparent Box" checked.  Shows up the same way in all Adobe apps.  Here's a big clue.  When I open in Photoshop and use the hue/satuation adjustments to reduce the lightness all the way down, I see the grid that you see in the image, but behind that, I can see what looks like the real Transparency Grid.  I'm on the 3 images per month plan which means no customer support.  If there's no solution for what appears to be a bad image, is there anyway to return the license and get a image credit back? 

Image with Grid Showing.JPG

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jun 12, 2018 Jun 12, 2018

Hi Brian,

Sorry to hear that you are facing troubles with a Stock file.

I see that the file which you have downloaded( 147450484) is a vector file. The vector images are best to be downloaded in Illustrator.

If you wish to remove the transparency grid from the file, please follow the steps below:

• Open the file in Illustrator CC
  • Delete the layer of Transparency grid
  • Save the changes made

Also, I would like to let you know that it is not possible to edit an Ai file in Adobe Indesign.

Let me know if this h

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 12, 2018 Jun 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Brian,

Sorry to hear that you are facing troubles with a Stock file.

I see that the file which you have downloaded( 147450484) is a vector file. The vector images are best to be downloaded in Illustrator.

If you wish to remove the transparency grid from the file, please follow the steps below:

• Open the file in Illustrator CC
  • Delete the layer of Transparency grid
  • Save the changes made

Also, I would like to let you know that it is not possible to edit an Ai file in Adobe Indesign.

Let me know if this helps!

Feel free to update this thread in case of any additional questions.

Regards,

Twarita

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Resources
Buy Adobe Stock
Getting Started