Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Images in the standard license

Community Beginner ,
Apr 26, 2021 Apr 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, 

Can I use an image in the standard license to create a product for sale like the image? The quantity will not exceed 500,000. 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Apr 27, 2021 Apr 27, 2021

Please refer to the license agreement for confirmation of compliance. You can use stock images on your packaging and labels. The primary value of the product being sold is not the image, but is the peanut butter inside the jar. 

Kind regards,

Mat Hayward 

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @default5no406qtrden 

Please read about intellectual property rights at Adobe Stock Contributor Agreement Additional Terms to Adobe.com Terms of Use.

Standard licenses

A standard license grants rights for up to 500,000 print runs with no expiration dates.

Content may be used for:

• Websites, blogs, newsletters, and web banner illustrations
  • Press articles and magazine illustrations
  • Print advertising (magazines and urban displays), commercial documents, or packaging
  • Slideshows and videos for broadcast and presentations
  • Decorating and design elements, including framed images for personal use.

https://helpx.adobe.com/stock/contributor/user-guide.html/stock/contributor/help/content-usage.ug.ht...

Some prohibited activities include:

• Copying of other artists’ files or keywords
  • Submitting public domain content
  • Submitting content created by other artists. This includes content available as a free

https://helpx.adobe.com/stock/contributor/user-guide.html/stock/contributor/help/submission-guidelin... .

Best wishes

JG

Photographer and Nutrition Author

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have read this information before. It does not answer my question

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have read this information before. It does not answer my question

============

Yes it does. Perhaps you just don't understand what Stock assets can be used for.  So please tell us what kind of product you plan to make with your Adobe Stock Asset and how you intend to use the asset in your unique design.  We will tell you if it's legal or not. 

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Nancy, 
Products: penaut butter / nuts 
the picture is attached

product.jpgZrzut ekranu 2021-04-26 o 18.28.30.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 27, 2021 Apr 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @default5no406qtrden ,

These products require property release

Best wishes

JG

Photographer and Nutrition Author

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're buying a Stock label template and a coconut graphic to use for your product packaging -- is that correct?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please refer to the license agreement for confirmation of compliance. You can use stock images on your packaging and labels. The primary value of the product being sold is not the image, but is the peanut butter inside the jar. 

Kind regards,

Mat Hayward 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The label is mine. From the stock comes almond and coconut. Only in the regulations I didn't find if I can use them having standard license or I have to buy extended one.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Standard License is OK.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ok thank you. So I understand that Almond in the standard license can be as the main photo. Is that right?

Zrzut ekranu 2021-04-27 o 21.38.34.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, that's correct.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Moved this to the stock forum.

Please take note of the fact that none of us, except Mat works for Adobe and that our advice is given as is, without any warranty that we are correct. If you want specific advice I recommend consulting a lawyer specialized in the item.

This said:

Ask you the question: why are people buying (mainly) my product? Because of the image on the container or the content of the container.

If your answer is because of the content, the image is only supporting and a standard licence is enough. This would be different, however, if you would sell t-shirts with the image printed. The main reason to buy (or not to buy) the t-shirt would be the image as the shirt can probably be bought with different images on.

So, I agree with @Nancy OShea : a standard licence is enough.

Look here for more information on licensing: https://community.adobe.com/t5/stock/links-for-licensing-terms/td-p/11366788
(Disclaimer: As always with licensing, this is my interpretation of the rules. I think they are correct and advice is based reading and interpreting the licence terms and on fair use for both the buyer and the artist/stock company, but I cannot rule out that my interpretation is wrong. I'm not an Adobe employee).

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Buy Adobe Stock
Getting Started