Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Images license and property among branches part of the same company group

New Here ,
Oct 09, 2018 Oct 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I work for a multinational company with several group branches around the world.

My question is: If a group branch (BRANCH 1) bought an image with the standard license and another branch (BRANCH 2) wants to use the same image with extended license, who will be the buyer of the extended license? BRANCH 1 or BRANCH 2?

If a group branch buy the images, will be the royalties and licenses fro their use transferred to the several group branches?

All branches are independent subsidiaries ,but they are all part of the same Group.

Thank you for the quick answer,

Best Regards

Silvia

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Oct 09, 2018 Oct 09, 2018

Hi Silvia,

Thanks for reaching out to the Adobe Stock community.

In addition to Abambo reply, I would suggest you to go through the licensing terms and restrictions Stock Licensing & terms FAQ: Where can I find the terms and licensing information for Adobe Stock? of Adobe Stock for more information.

Feel free to update this thread in case of any additional questions.

Regards,

Twarita

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Discussion successfully moved from Adobe Stock Contributors to Adobe Stock

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

silvias9917419  wrote

My question is: If a group branch (BRANCH 1) bought an image with the standard license and another branch (BRANCH 2) wants to use the same image with extended license, who will be the buyer of the extended license? BRANCH 1 or BRANCH 2?

As you are acquiring 2 different licenses, it is up to you to decide who buys what. B1 bought the initial standard license and can use the picture according to that license. If B2 buys an extended license, they can use the picture according to the extended license.

Where it starts getting complicated is when B1 wants to use the image according the extended license. This needs to be checked by your legal department by looking at the license conditions. We determined that to use the image correctly, our parent company and we needed both a license for the picture, as we use the pictures independently. Generally speaking the picture buying costs are such that it is not worth the possible trouble.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Silvia,

Thanks for reaching out to the Adobe Stock community.

In addition to Abambo reply, I would suggest you to go through the licensing terms and restrictions Stock Licensing & terms FAQ: Where can I find the terms and licensing information for Adobe Stock? of Adobe Stock for more information.

Feel free to update this thread in case of any additional questions.

Regards,

Twarita

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Buy Adobe Stock
Getting Started