Indesign not forgetting Adobe Stock images when placing other images

Explorer ,
Feb 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

One of our users has noted that after having placed an image from Adobe Stock into an InDesign document, when she goes to place other non-Stock images into her file that it still places the last Stock image she used. (She is using the option to place the image into InDesign from the Adobe Stock website.) This happens even if she is working on a totally different file than the one she used Stock on last. She is selecting images on our system supplied by our customers and that is what appears in the place dialog box preview, but when the image comes into InDesign it is whatever the last Stock image she placed was. The Stock image is listed in her Links panel as well. It doesn't happen every time she uses a Stock image, but frequently enough to be annoying. If she closes InDesign and reopens it, then it works correctly. Has anyone experienced this behavior or know of a solution? Thanks!

TOPICS
Troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Indesign not forgetting Adobe Stock images when placing other images

Explorer ,
Feb 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

One of our users has noted that after having placed an image from Adobe Stock into an InDesign document, when she goes to place other non-Stock images into her file that it still places the last Stock image she used. (She is using the option to place the image into InDesign from the Adobe Stock website.) This happens even if she is working on a totally different file than the one she used Stock on last. She is selecting images on our system supplied by our customers and that is what appears in the place dialog box preview, but when the image comes into InDesign it is whatever the last Stock image she placed was. The Stock image is listed in her Links panel as well. It doesn't happen every time she uses a Stock image, but frequently enough to be annoying. If she closes InDesign and reopens it, then it works correctly. Has anyone experienced this behavior or know of a solution? Thanks!

TOPICS
Troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Feb 28, 2020 0
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've looked into this and haven't seen anyone else experienceing this and cannot reproduce it myself.  I would like to ask a few questions.  

1) Are you using this on a Windows or Mac and what version of the program?

2) When you say that you are "using the option to place the image into InDesign from the Adobe Stock website" do you mean you are selecting the "Open In" option from the website and then placing into the document that way or some other way.  There's also "Place from CC Library" in the menu but that is different from just "Place" where you would find a non-stock image in your files and going from one to the other, or just dragging and dropping from the library itself and then selecting the "Place" option for non-stock images.  In any of those instances I see the system selecting the new image and not the previous one used.  But I'd like some more clarification if I may.

Thanks,

Jay

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 28, 2020 0
Explorer ,
Feb 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jay,

We are on Macs running Sierra and Adobe CC2017. We are unable to upgrade to a higher version of either the OS or Adobe at this time due to hardware and other limitations. 

Yes, the user is going to the Adobe Stock site and using the Open in option on the site and selects InDesign and the image imports into their current InDesign document fine. We have no problem with that. What happens is that when she now goes to use the Place command in that document or another file later on to place our customer's photos from our local server into InDesign instead of pulling the selected file from our customer's images, it is placing the last image she imported from Adobe Stock. 

Hope that helps clarify. Thanks for your help!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 28, 2020 0
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Let me run this issue past my developers and see what they say.  I'll get back with you as soon as I can.

Thanks for your patience,

Jay

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 28, 2020 0
Explorer ,
Mar 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jay, 

Just wondering if you've heard anything on this? No rush, but just curious.

Thanks!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 10, 2020 0
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have not heard back yet.  I just bugged them again and hopefully they can review it later this week.  

Thanks again for your patience.

Jay

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 10, 2020 0
bernst LATEST
Explorer ,
Mar 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No problem. She can work around it by quitting InDesign, but just odd that it is happening.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 12, 2020 0
Resources
Buy Adobe Stock
Getting Started