• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Is it an identifiable property issue only?

Community Beginner ,
Feb 25, 2019 Feb 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had this photo rejected. The property is not a publicly recognized property (general public). It certainly is private property. Are there other technical issues as well?  I came across this, on my morning walk. Thanks for taking the time to reviewFor review.jpg

TOPICS
Contributor critique

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Feb 26, 2019 Feb 26, 2019

I don't see that much problems with a property release. It may pass, it may not pass.

But there are technical issues: The image is not sharp and there is a lot of chromatic aberration.

So I personally would give you a clean refusal on those merits. The sharpening can probably not be corrected.

Unsharp (100%):

Chromatic aberration:

(etc)

In addition I see noise in the darker areas.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Feb 26, 2019 Feb 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't see that much problems with a property release. It may pass, it may not pass.

But there are technical issues: The image is not sharp and there is a lot of chromatic aberration.

So I personally would give you a clean refusal on those merits. The sharpening can probably not be corrected.

Unsharp (100%):

Chromatic aberration:

(etc)

In addition I see noise in the darker areas.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your critique. I see what you mean. On the sharpness issue, there was a tangle of wires, that I tried to remove and that probably led to that. I am just beginning and appreciate your insight. Any suggestions on the chromatic aberrations. I had checked the checkbox in LR. What would you do differently? Any place that I can read up / YT. Would you not expect some noise in the darker areas especially when it is unevenly lit. My camera is a relatively basic one Canon 450D. Thanks again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think the moderator is right in his/her decision of IP. Even though it is private property, it is most definitely recognisable!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The camera is ok. It's not the best, but there's no problem with that. The lens is probably more problematic. I've remarked a huge difference with higher quality lenses.

The chromatic aberrations: If the automatic removal does not work, you need to go to the manual removal. Try to tweak it with the "Fringe colour selector":

I do not expect noise in darker areas except if they have been lighten-up. You should look at your pictures like a craft, not an artistic performance. It needs to be clean for stock...

That concerns also your editing work:

Unfortunately this is not clean!

There is no need to submit this picture. There are 100 reasons to refuse it.

I love it, because of the light, the framing and the situation. But it will never make it into Adobe stock, nor would I accept it for a photo contest. It will need too much post processing work, work that should have been put in before.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Abambo Thank you very much for your suggestions and comments. Very valid, and I truly appreciate the time that you have taken to analyze and offer suggestions. Most kind of you.
I now realize that far more effort is required than what I have put in. I was enthusiastic and eager to do something with a newfound hobby. I shall be more careful.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines