Isolated on white images are not transparent - why bother

Explorer ,
Jun 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am not sure i see the point of having huge collections of isolated graphics on your stock library when you dont supply those files as transparent or with alpha mask. (well i cant find a why to get an image with transparency).
It would be okay if all the images had been clipped to RGB 000 so you can can mask them out like good old 8 bit days. But no, adobe has nicely flattened with antialiasing onto the white background to make overlay next to pointless unless the background you have is white.

Why Adobe.

Are these files available as transparent?

it seems not according to Adobe Stock known issues and limitations

You should be much clearer on all these isolated images as they are next to useless without transparency.

not happy Adobe. Very poor effort.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Isolated on white images are not transparent - why bother

Explorer ,
Jun 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am not sure i see the point of having huge collections of isolated graphics on your stock library when you dont supply those files as transparent or with alpha mask. (well i cant find a why to get an image with transparency).
It would be okay if all the images had been clipped to RGB 000 so you can can mask them out like good old 8 bit days. But no, adobe has nicely flattened with antialiasing onto the white background to make overlay next to pointless unless the background you have is white.

Why Adobe.

Are these files available as transparent?

it seems not according to Adobe Stock known issues and limitations

You should be much clearer on all these isolated images as they are next to useless without transparency.

not happy Adobe. Very poor effort.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Jun 28, 2017 0
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jacob,

I apologize for the experience.

Is there any specific image that you are referring to? We can definitely get it checked for you.

Looping in EvilBugQueen1 from our technical team to provide more insights.

Regards,

Sheena

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 29, 2017 0
Explorer ,
Jun 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The image is

FILE #: 157230229

It applies to any isolated image you search for though.

And I understand the file format says JPEG, and I understand your FAQ says you don't do PNG.

But unless there is a mask for those cutouts on white background, what is the point.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 29, 2017 0
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jacob,

Can you please provide the asset ID number of such an image so we better understand your issue?

EBQ

EBQ

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 29, 2017 1
Resources
Buy Adobe Stock
Getting Started