• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Licence a picture for a client - How to?

Explorer ,
Jul 07, 2018 Jul 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I want to create a website for a customer and publish there a photo from Adobe Stock. And I want to buy the licence with my own Stock-Account.

In the FAQ´s, Adobe describes that this is possible:Common Questions, Adobe Stock

Unbenannt.JPG

But how is this possible? Adobe nowhere describes how to do this? I cannot find any option button? I can only licence and download photos. But where do I have to declare, for which project/customer I want to use the photo?

Thanks a lot for help!

Best regards!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jul 24, 2018 Jul 24, 2018

Heinrich,

In the license history, you get the details of all the images you have licensed along with their file IDs, dates and the license type. For standard assets of Adobe Stock, this is the only way to get the details about the files.

If you are licensing any premium asset you get an invoice individually with every asset you purchase.

If the asset is to be used by your client, I would suggest you to have the license transferred to your client in order to prevent confusion wherein the client need

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 09, 2018 Jul 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Heinrich,

Thanks for reaching out to the Adobe Stock community.

You do not need to declare, for which project/customer you want to use the Adobe Stock image. However, please make sure that if you are using the same asset for different clients, the asset should be licensed separately so that it is legitimate.

For more information on the usage of Adobe Stock images for client use, please see https://wwwimages2.adobe.com/content/dam/acom/en/legal/servicetou/Adobe_Stock_Additional_Terms_en_US... (Section 3.4 a)

Feel free to update this thread in case of any additional questions.

Regards,

Twarita

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 24, 2018 Jul 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Twarita,

ok thank`s a lot for your information.

I am used to the common practice (e.g. when licensing audio tracks) to receive a kind of "licence document" which says:

Person xy is allowed to use track xy for xy purpose

So is a similar document for adobe stock media available?
I just think about, how to prove, that the photo was really licensed. I mean I can see in my account overview, that I have licensed it. But how can I show my customer that he has really the right to use it?

Would be thankful for an answer!

Best regards!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 24, 2018 Jul 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Heinrich,

In the license history, you get the details of all the images you have licensed along with their file IDs, dates and the license type. For standard assets of Adobe Stock, this is the only way to get the details about the files.

If you are licensing any premium asset you get an invoice individually with every asset you purchase.

If the asset is to be used by your client, I would suggest you to have the license transferred to your client in order to prevent confusion wherein the client needs to sign a written statement indicating that they will follow the stipulation in the Stock licensing Term.

Regards,

Twarita

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 19, 2019 Mar 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Reading through this thread, as I have a client requesting the photos I used in the design. Exactly HOW do I transfer the license??? I see the link you provided about the client use terms (section 3.4.a) Do I need to provide a copy of this license terms and have them sign it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 20, 2019 Mar 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That would be a good way to handle that. As long as you are in the terms of the license, you can reuse the same assets for the same client, but you need to relicense for a different one.

In case of handing over the assets to the client, he is also responsible to monitor the use he does with the asset.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Nov 19, 2019 Nov 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I have a continuative question: I licenced a picture to illustrate a theatre play in a  broschure. The brochure will be printed. Now my client, the theatre want to use this picture on their website and to give it to the newspaper. Becaause in newspaper there will be an article of the theatre play. Who needs to licence the picture? One time orne more? Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 11, 2020 Apr 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, no one answered this until now. I suppose the event long happened, but the answer could be interesting for others: You may use the same asset for the web, that's no problem. You can however not forward the picture as part of a press release without an extended license.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This thread is really helpful.

Just to put it here, this is the text from the agreement part 3.4..a 

3.4. Additional Rights. These additional rights are subject to the Terms and the restrictions in section 4.

(a) EmployerorClientUse.YoumaypurchasealicensepursuanttotheTermsonbehalfofyouremployeror client, provided that you represent and warrant that you have the authority to bind your employer or client to the Terms. You may use a Work for the benefit of one of your clients, provided that you transfer your license to your client via an enforceable written agreement that includes terms no less restrictive than the Terms. You are solely responsible and liable for use of the Work by your employer or client. You must purchase additional licenses for the same Work if you intend to use the same Work for the benefit of other clients.

Since I have a subscription, and can download the file multiple times, can I just download it again as part of my subscription alotment, or do I have to then pay for an individual fee for each second use of the photo for different clients?

Also, is there a stock "enforceable written agreement" we can use? That would be very helpful.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You need to license the asset again. You do not need to download it multiple times, but you may do that anyhow for all your licensed assets. I would however use some tracking software or method to keep an eye on the correct licensing.

License again is the same as license the first time. The conditions (standard/enhanced) are also the same. You can use your asset credits to relicense the asset. You do not buy some special tokens. 

Adobe does not provide a licensing template for you to use with your client. I simply ask clients to agree with the source's license agreement. But yes, in that way you show your customer your sources and he can bypass you next time. If you want hiding your source, you need to write your own licensing terms that should be at least as stringent as the Adobe terms.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 16, 2020 Dec 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I would like to add an additional question to this thread. We have downloaded over 1500 pictures and are looking at starting a website that automatically posts a random picture and blog post to user's Facebook, Twitter, etc. They would pay a monthly membership fee for us to do.

How can we license these images to where we could post to our client's page even though we bought the images. Is there some kind of plan where we could pay a reduced cost each time a picture is used?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Buy Adobe Stock
Getting Started