License and Tax Trouble

New Here ,
May 10, 2020 May 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi There,

I recently started to use Adobe Stock and there is something that confuse me . Can you please help me to clear 1. What is certificate of foreign status of beneficial owner for united states tax withholding and Reporting 2. I live outside of usa as i'm a Japanese resident.Does this still apply to me Please expalin this Thanks

Deegayu
TOPICS
Community Information, How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Most Valuable Participant ,
May 10, 2020 May 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

my understanding (I am not a lawyer or accountant): when a US company pays for work or products, it must take tax for everyone, and pay it to US government. This is US law. If you live outside the US you must send a special certificate to prove it. Then the US company can pay all your money, not keeping any tax. (Of course this money must be reported to your own country’s tax people, and you must pay local tax. Without the certificate you will pay double tax).

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 11, 2020 May 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I moved your post over from the poorly named Community Help forum, which is for getting help using this forum system, to a better forum. The Stock forum.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines