License and website with subscription

New Here ,
Oct 15, 2020 Oct 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I am looking for some answers here, sorry if the question has already been asked.
I read the page that talks about licenses, but new user here, I would prefer to be completely sure if I understood correctly.

I am a freelance graphic designer ( very beginner!), and my client asks me for photos to appear in a list on a website and a mobile application.

So as not to make a long speech, this is what is asked: 77ebe3819d82a9eb6bd008a1546cfbd4

Let's get into the heart of the subject:

If I buy a pack of 150 photos, can my client use it on their website?
Knowing that the website will have a subscription to view the content.

The images are there only to illustrate the site minimally, they are not there to be sold or to sell any product.
I read in the license page that the images are purchased with unlimited web views but what if the website where the images are is subject to subscription?

My question may sound silly, but I wouldn't like my client to have copyright issues because of a license agreement that I misunderstood.

Sorry for my English, I hope I don't speak it too badly!
Have a good day, and thank you in advance to those who will answer me!

TOPICS
Licensing, Terms of use

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 16, 2020 Oct 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

We cannot give you advice on what you can and can't do with the Stock assets. Please review the licensing information in this post: https://community.adobe.com/t5/stock/links-for-licensing-terms/td-p/11366788?page=1

EBQ

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Oct 19, 2020 Oct 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Angélique,

looking at the name and the posted website screen shot, I suppose that you are French speaking. You can also ask you questions in French if that helps you.

To your question: for good reason, Adobe employees will not give advice on licensing as that would bind Adobe if their interpretation is wrong. I am not an Adobe employee and my advice is what it is: my personal view on the topic with no commitment from my side that this view is the correct one.

This said:

You can use stock images on a website. You cannot offer the full resolution image for download. I suppose that is logical. You can, however, do your buttons for the ingredients. You can also modify the images, so that they fit your need. 

In addition, you can do this work for your client, given that your client accepts the licensing terms. You can use the same assets for a follow-up job for the same client (like a printed cookbook or a flyer), but you need to re-license the assets if they are used for a different client.

To get the client accepting the licensing terms, the easiest way is to ask him to acknowledge the licensing terms from Adobe. If, however, you will hide your sources as a kind of know how and business secret, you need to get the client accepting your terms that need to be at least as restrictive as Adobe's. 

The client can also license the assets on his own and pass you the assets to do the work you are asked for. This would be my option if the client does not pay me for my research time. My added value would be the integration of the assets to the website.

BTW: there is no difference of a commercial use or a non-commercial use. Even if the access would be for free, you would need to acquire the licenses. 

(Disclaimer: As always with licensing, this is my interpretation of the rules. I think they are correct and advice is based reading and interpreting the license terms and on fair use for both the buyer and the artist/stock company, but I can not rule out that my interpretation is wrong. I'm not an Adobe employee)

Regards, Abambo
Hard- and Software Engineer and Photographer.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines