License assets for a client // use in PR material?

New Here ,
Apr 15, 2019 Apr 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

hope someone can shed a light on this: As an agency, we want to license assets for our customers, but I do not see an obvious way to to this. Can someone enlighten me? Second question: Our client wants to use the asset (picture) as an add on for a press information. Is this covered by a standard license or which one will suffice?

Thank you!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Apr 15, 2019 Apr 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

agentaw96200802  wrote

Hi all,

hope someone can shed a light on this: As an agency, we want to license assets for our customers, but I do not see an obvious way to to this.

You buy for the client. No big deal. You need to bind the client to the license terms, either by doing a contract with him or letting him accept the license terms of Adobe. The rights attached to the picture will be transferred to the client meaning that if you need exactly the same picture for a different client you will need to buy a second license. I normally download the license terms and let them sign that and store that with my clients stuff.

Second question: Our client wants to use the asset (picture) as an add on for a press information. Is this covered by a standard license or which one will suffice?

The answer is in the license terms: https://wwwimages2.adobe.com/content/dam/acom/en/legal/servicetou/Adobe_Stock_Additional_Terms_en_US...

A standard license will not work:

(iv) you may not use, reproduce, distribute, or display the Work with a press release that includes the distribution of the stand-alone image file to the media.

You need an extended license:

For clarity, you may use, reproduce, distribute, and display the Work in connection with:

(...)

(iii) a press release, including distribution of the stand-alone image file to the media, if the Work: (A) is only published in connection with the press release, and (B) is not used or disseminated in any other manner.

(See also here: License information and Terms of use | Adobe Stock )

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines