• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

license for ebook cover

New Here ,
Oct 12, 2018 Oct 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can I use a standard license image for a ebook cover that I'm going to publish on kindle

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Oct 12, 2018 Oct 12, 2018

Preethi,

I would suggest you to go for an Extended license because the book is any which ways sold.

Regards,

Twarita

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Preethi,

Thanks for reaching out to the Adobe Stock community.

Generally, using an image on the cover of a book(with a standard license) is OK as long as the primary value of the book isn't based on the image. Although the print run must be less than 500,000 copies also.

However, if the primary value of the book is the images you will be requiring an Extended license.

Please refer to the licensing terms and restrictions of Adobe Stock Stock Licensing & terms FAQ: Where can I find the terms and licensing information for Adobe Stock?  for more information.

Feel free to update this thread in case of any additional questions,

Regards,

Twarita

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your reply.

To me, every book's value depends on the content and description of the book, then the cover, but the cover attract the readers to it.

But just for one last time clarification before I start buying the images with standard licence. The book will be published on Amazon Kindle, still can I use get it under standard licence ?.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Preethi,

I would suggest you to go for an Extended license because the book is any which ways sold.

Regards,

Twarita

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Buy Adobe Stock
Getting Started