• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

License purchase for a client in the name of another client

New Here ,
Jun 22, 2018 Jun 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a very specific question that relates to license transfer to clients - I am a freelance designer working for a client (Client 1) who is coordinating marketing material and a website for another client (Client 2). Client 1 has asked me to (1) purchase an extended license for a photo (not an editorial photo) through Adobe Stock, (2) edit the photo, (3) give them the edited photo to be used on a website and a brochure for Client 2 and (4) charge Client 1 for the cost of the license.

As I understand, I can transfer the edited photo to Client 1, as long as I get written consent to follow the terms and to only use this photo as part of this work. What I am not sure is:

- can I charge Client 1 for the license fee?

- can Client 1 send the photo to subcontractors to be used in brochures and a website for Client 2?

- am I doing anything wrong?

This is all very confusing, any help understanding this all would be greatly appreciated...

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jun 22, 2018 Jun 22, 2018

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Jun 22, 2018 Jun 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

That’s quite accurate.

Please look at this discussion: Where do I find the license details of an Adobe Stock photo or illustration BEFORE purchasing them?

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Resources
Buy Adobe Stock
Getting Started