• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Licensed illustrations on product labels?

New Here ,
Jan 12, 2019 Jan 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I have licensed a number of illustrations that I want to use for labels on products. Is this OK? if not how do you get in touch with the artist of the illustrations? I do not whant to have any problems in the future. 

Regards, Carolina

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jan 13, 2019 Jan 13, 2019

You can’t get in touch with the artists. And probably yes, you will need an enhanced license to put it on your products, but it’s difficult to appreciate, because you may be good enough with a standard license:

Cannot use asset prominently in merchandise or products for resale

The keyword is ”prominently”! So if the asset is an important part of your packaging concept, yes, you need an extended license. It’s probably an extended license if I understand your use correctly.

But in both cases, you ar

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

what do you mean with “labels on products”?

Look here for information on the licensing: License information and Terms of use | Adobe Stock

...and see here for more information: Common Questions, Adobe Stock .

You cant get in touch which the artists. You can use the illustrations but depending on the use you need a standard or enhanced license. And you cant use stock assets for logos or product elements that you want to protect as part of the product id. That is due because of the non-exclusively of your acquired assets. Apart of those limitations, you are free to use the asset at your convenience.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Thanks for your answer.

I mean just like I wrote, labels to products. I whant to have the illustrations on my Companys Products togheter with the logotype.

how do I get in touch with the artist?

If I understand you right I need the enhanced license to use the illustration just like my own?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 13, 2019 Jan 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can’t get in touch with the artists. And probably yes, you will need an enhanced license to put it on your products, but it’s difficult to appreciate, because you may be good enough with a standard license:

Cannot use asset prominently in merchandise or products for resale

The keyword is ”prominently”! So if the asset is an important part of your packaging concept, yes, you need an extended license. It’s probably an extended license if I understand your use correctly.

But in both cases, you are allowed to use the asset as your own, except that you cannot sell the asset to others an you are slightly limited in what is allowed (ie run of less than 500,000 for a standard license) before you need a different license.

As the asset will not be used as the logo which is an exclusion factor you can go ahead.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 13, 2019 Jan 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi, thanks so much for your amazing answer! Best regards, Carolina

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Buy Adobe Stock
Getting Started