licensed image too small

New Here ,
Nov 05, 2019 Nov 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have licensed 3 photos that I need in bigger size. I have been using istockphoto before and there you have the option to download difeerent sizes, so I assumed that it would be the same here, or at least that the images would be big enough! But the images are way to small and have no function for me now. Please let me know if the images can be downloaded in bigger sizes and where. I have even purchased a premium photo and its like 23 cm! 

Please help!

Licensed photos:  #159050320  #238775813   #35128206

TOPICS
Licensing, Plans and purchase

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 06, 2019 Nov 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Andy,

Can you tell me what your size requirements are and what application you are using? I assume this is for print? What is the target resolution of your printer?

Of the three images, #159050320 is the smallest, especially if you purchased the half-size, which is only 1631px. The other two are sufficiently large for most uses, greater than 5000px across. Those two should scale quite nicely for print.

Did you look at the pixel size printed below each image? That shows you exactly what dimensions you are getting. I found a nice tool here online that shows you the minimum number of pixels you would need to print at your desired resolution:

https://toolstud.io/photo/dpi.php?width=210&width_unit=mm&height=297&height_unit=mm&dpi=300&bleed=0&...

For example, it says to print on A4 paper at 300 pixels per inch, you would expect the image to be at least 2481x3507 px.

Printer resolution = 300 dpi = 118 dots/cm
Printer pitch = 85 µm / micrometer (size of 1 pixel)
Net dimensions (no bleed)
2481 px x 3507 px

The other two images you licensed are well over that minimum number of pixels.

--

Christopher

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines