Exit

Licensing and Rework Image

Explorer ,
Oct 19, 2019 Oct 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

I would like to make sure if I understand correctly. My question is:

If I buy a standard licneced image of a man with a backpack and remove the backpack and replace it (in Photoshop) with one of my own backpack designs is it allowed? And am I allowed to use the new composite in my on line shop to show off my backpack?

Thanks

Martina

TOPICS
Licensing , Terms of use

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Oct 19, 2019 Oct 19, 2019

Hi Martina,

With a standard Licensed image you are allowed to modify the images you buy so yes you can change the backpack to your own.

And yes you are allowed to use the modified asset in your online shop to promote the backpack.

More information and the exact Regulations are here: https://wwwimages2.adobe.com/content/dam/acom/en/legal/servicetou/Adobe_Stock_Additional_Terms_en_US_20190816_2200.pdf

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,
Oct 19, 2019 Oct 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Martina,

With a standard Licensed image you are allowed to modify the images you buy so yes you can change the backpack to your own.

And yes you are allowed to use the modified asset in your online shop to promote the backpack.

More information and the exact Regulations are here: https://wwwimages2.adobe.com/content/dam/acom/en/legal/servicetou/Adobe_Stock_Additional_Terms_en_US...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 20, 2019 Oct 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Martina,

your use is perfectly in-line with the license terms.

To add to mbglobetrotter correct answer: That's the escence of stock images.You buy a picture, modify it to your needs and use it. The only restriction is that you should not represent the subjects in a degrading situation, like the use on adult sites or for p*rn*graphic uses. 

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Buy Adobe Stock
Getting Started