Licensing and specification of assets in print media

New Here ,
Jan 11, 2021 Jan 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,
I'm currently writing a cookbook and have used stock media for some pictures. Do I have to mention the Atuthor or Adobe in this book? Maybe in the imprint?

Many Thanks

Daniel

TOPICS
Licensing

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jan 12, 2021 Jan 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I think that it is appropriate to credit the autor as you are using the assets in and editorial style. There is, however, no imposed place to place the credit. I generally place credits near the picture, so that I do not have to think about updating, when I change an asset. I just change to the new credit line. However, if you are using less pictures or you have a specific place where you put the credits, you are free to put the credits there.

Look here for more information on licensing: https://community.adobe.com/t5/stock/links-for-licensing-terms/td-p/11366788
(Disclaimer: As always with licensing, this is my interpretation of the rules. I think they are correct and advice is based reading and interpreting the license terms and on fair use for both the buyer and the artist/stock company, but I can not rule out that my interpretation is wrong. I'm not an Adobe employee)

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines