• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Licensing Help.

New Here ,
Jan 13, 2019 Jan 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi , So I am designing a book cover .. that is related to religion and women . I purchased an illustration of a pink tree from Adobe stock to design the book cover and I am wondering is it okay for me to use that illustration under regular license? The book will only have about or less then 2000 copies. I have researched this question but i wanna be sure that i am allowed and good to go? Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jan 14, 2019 Jan 14, 2019

Well twaritar3263062​, we all suppose that a book’s cove is an important element, but not the primary value of a book. So I suppose it will be OK with a standard license. But as it is used in an editorial style, I suppose it needs appropriate credits in the credits section of the book.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 14, 2019 Jan 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Naila,

For any book or ebook cover, a Standard license is sufficient unless it’s circulated more than 500,000 times.

Also, the image shouldn't be the primary value of the book.

Please refer to the licensing terms and restrictions Stock Licensing & terms FAQ: Where can I find the terms and licensing information for Adobe Stock?  of Adobe Stock.

Hope this helps!

Feel free to update this thread in case of any additional questions.

Regards,

Twarita

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 14, 2019 Jan 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Well twaritar3263062​, we all suppose that a book’s cove is an important element, but not the primary value of a book. So I suppose it will be OK with a standard license. But as it is used in an editorial style, I suppose it needs appropriate credits in the credits section of the book.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Buy Adobe Stock
Getting Started