• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Licensing Question

New Here ,
Mar 02, 2018 Mar 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am thinking about purchasing a standard license subscription but not 100% clear on whether I could use the images for my needs - I create digital and non digital illustrations that I then sell as prints. The final illustration might use different stock images to create, but I would think the main value would be my illustration work using different stock images and not the standalone images, even though they might be a part of it. In many cases they might not even be recognisable - but if I were to use, for example, a model's face or pose then that might be easier to associate with a specific stock photo. Is that allowed under the standard licensing?

With a Standard license, you may not:

• Create merchandise or products for resale or distribution where the main value of the product is associated with the asset itself. For example, you can't use the asset to create a poster, t-shirt, or coffee mug that someone would buy specifically because of the asset printed on it.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Mar 03, 2018 Mar 03, 2018

Without knowing exactly how you intend to use them that would be a difficult question to answer. General rule of thumb tat works in most situations is to ask yourself; 'If I don't have that image can I sell this product without it?'. If the answer is 'No' such as mugs, t-shirts, etc. then you definitely need an extended license.

Secondly, anytime you are using a Stock image in a product that is for sale it is always better to cover yourself and get extended licenses.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Mar 03, 2018 Mar 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Without knowing exactly how you intend to use them that would be a difficult question to answer. General rule of thumb tat works in most situations is to ask yourself; 'If I don't have that image can I sell this product without it?'. If the answer is 'No' such as mugs, t-shirts, etc. then you definitely need an extended license.

Secondly, anytime you are using a Stock image in a product that is for sale it is always better to cover yourself and get extended licenses.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Resources
Buy Adobe Stock
Getting Started