LOGO purchase

New Here ,
Feb 26, 2021 Feb 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If I purchase a logo design template with extended license, 

a) Do they continue sell the same logo to other people? or they take down the specific degin from the website?

b) Can I register trademark with the logo design that I purchased with extended licese?

Thank you.

TOPICS
Licensing, Terms of use

Views

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Most Valuable Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

a) It remains on sale

b) No you cannot register a trademark 

You would need a private arrangement with a designer - they would need to make a new logo, never on sale to anyone else. Be sure the designer transfers copyright to you - this is NOT automatic and may affect the cost.

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your comment. 

How to make arrangement with the designer? It doesn't seem to have their contact information anywhere. 

When I click the logo design that I like, all that allow me to do is to arrange payment. 

Thank you.

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe don't give any way to contact a designer through Adobe Stock. That's not how you will find a designer.

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Then what did you mean by saying "You would need a private arrangement with a designer - they would need to make a new logo, never on sale to anyone else. Be sure the designer transfers copyright to you - this is NOT automatic and may affect the cost." ?

Did you mean hire another designer outside of Adobe to create the logo that I like?

Thank you,

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Exactly so. Entirely outside the world of Adobe stock, find and hire a designer. I said "Be sure the designer transfers copyright to you - this is NOT automatic and may affect the cost." because many people assume that, just because they paid a designer to make a logo, that they own all rights to it. But in many countries, the creator of a piece owns it, not the person who paid the creator to make it. A formal contract is a must.

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you very much, that was very helpful!

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines