• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

MADDENING "Editable" Stock won't allow me to edit!

New Here ,
Oct 17, 2020 Oct 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Spent a ton of money downloading "Edititable" instagram stock footage and all that downloads is a flat .jpeg or .ai - Neither editable. WHAT AM I MISSING? I can't even magic erase the "transparent" layers because the grid image is baked in. 

Here's an image for reference. Yes I've paid for and downloaded the liscenced versions 

adobe.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Expert , Oct 17, 2020 Oct 17, 2020

I'm guessing the JPEG is just a preview of the Illustrator file.

Can you please elaborate on what the issue is with the AI file...

• You can't open it?
  • You don't have Illustrator?
  • The assets within the file can't be separated?
  • etc...

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Oct 17, 2020 Oct 17, 2020

Jpeg file are flat and jpeg file format does not support transparency. Photoshop does not have support for.ai files they can be imported as a single pixels layer that may certain transparency.  .Ai file can also be placed into Photoshop document as vector smart object layers.  For a Photoshop template you need a layered file like PSD or PSDT.   See if there are layered versions of the image you have paid to licence.

If you install Illustrator .ai files are vector  files the most likely contain

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm guessing the JPEG is just a preview of the Illustrator file.

Can you please elaborate on what the issue is with the AI file...

• You can't open it?
  • You don't have Illustrator?
  • The assets within the file can't be separated?
  • etc...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The AI file can be edited. Why a PSD file is offered that is litterally called "editable" that is just a flat image, I don't know. But I can edit the AI file

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Excellent

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jpeg file are flat and jpeg file format does not support transparency. Photoshop does not have support for.ai files they can be imported as a single pixels layer that may certain transparency.  .Ai file can also be placed into Photoshop document as vector smart object layers.  For a Photoshop template you need a layered file like PSD or PSDT.   See if there are layered versions of the image you have paid to licence.

If you install Illustrator .ai files are vector  files the most likely contain layers. Photoshop does not support .ai file format.  Photoshop is a Pixels editor. AI is a vector editor. So your .ai files mat be Illistrator templates.   

I do not install Illustrator. Photoshop template are populated with raster images files.  I do not use Illustrator I do know how one would use a vector template.

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 31, 2022 Aug 31, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having a similiar issue with business ducuments. Why the heck would an invoice be done in Illustrator... None of these assets are editable in a way that actual makes sense or is useful. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 01, 2022 Sep 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Please tell us more about the asset (asset id) and what you intended to do with the asset.

It makes sense to have an Invoice template in Illustrator, and as an Illustrator asset, it should be fully editable.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Buy Adobe Stock
Getting Started