Misleading File Downloads - "Line Icons" that are not strokes

New Here ,
Jan 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there, so I have been using adobe stock for more than a year now on a company package and I think it is great and all as I am not paying for it, but I have noticed that there are a ridiculously large amount of assets that have misleading discriptions and titles. 

I am a web developer and I rely heavily on icons that are made up of 100% editable strokes and I have noticed that just about 50% of the vector icon assests on adobe stock claim to be 'editible stroke icons' - until I donwload and open them... they usualy end up being closed curve icons that contain fills and no outlines... 

I think that is hughly unethical as that renders the download unusable for my purposes - in other words I can do nothing with the assets unless I retrace them using strokes (if I had time to do that I would not be using a stock library)... I guess the thing that bugs me most is that if I download the file and realise that it is not what it says it is - there is no way for me to report the asset to let other users know that the file name and description are missleading or inacurate.

TOPICS
Asset Quality, Download, General

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Misleading File Downloads - "Line Icons" that are not strokes

New Here ,
Jan 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there, so I have been using adobe stock for more than a year now on a company package and I think it is great and all as I am not paying for it, but I have noticed that there are a ridiculously large amount of assets that have misleading discriptions and titles. 

I am a web developer and I rely heavily on icons that are made up of 100% editable strokes and I have noticed that just about 50% of the vector icon assests on adobe stock claim to be 'editible stroke icons' - until I donwload and open them... they usualy end up being closed curve icons that contain fills and no outlines... 

I think that is hughly unethical as that renders the download unusable for my purposes - in other words I can do nothing with the assets unless I retrace them using strokes (if I had time to do that I would not be using a stock library)... I guess the thing that bugs me most is that if I download the file and realise that it is not what it says it is - there is no way for me to report the asset to let other users know that the file name and description are missleading or inacurate.

TOPICS
Asset Quality, Download, General

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Jan 13, 2021 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jan 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please post an asset number of such an asset.

If assets are faulty or not to be used as indicated, they will be taken down by Adobe. But you need to give Adobe a chance to learn about the files. Also, if they are indeed faulty, you will get rewarded with a replacement license.

Regards, Abambo
Hard- and Software Engineer and Photographer.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 14, 2021 0
New Here ,
Jan 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So does that mean that everytime I find an asset like that I will need to post it here?

Feels like I have just opened up a rather lenghty can of worms for you. Will bookmark this thread and post an update here everytime I find one 🙂

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 14, 2021 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jan 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Don't you have one at hand now? I suspect that there is either a misunderstanding or a faulty handling. But I will not rule out the possibility that the asset is not usable for what you want to do.

Regards, Abambo
Hard- and Software Engineer and Photographer.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 15, 2021 0
New Here ,
Jan 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey again, no I think you missunderstand, it is not that the assets are NOT usable for what I want to do. It is that their description is missleading and they are not what they say they are. I am not going to go thru the assets I have already downloaded as it is usually around 20-60 images per day, a great deal of those claim to be 'thin line stroke icons' I donwload in order to animate them in browser - if they are not strokes but solid shapes my script does not compile and they do not animate. There are MANY of those. 

Another thing I found now while working on another site and slightly unrelated but still comes down to the same issue - missleading:

https://stock.adobe.com/images/editable-vintage-retro-text-effect-simple-modern-and-old-easy-to-edit...

If you download this asset and open it you will find the font is missing the description/title is as folows: "Editable Vintage Retro Text Effect. Simple, modern, and Old. Easy to edit. Vector illustration." but once downloaded and opened the effect is lost and the font needs to be downloaded. Saying it is a 'Vector illustration and Editable text effect" is a controdiction in itself.

All that being said - how does one go about reporting these assets as I am the one downloading them I feel like it is pointless and cumbersome making it your issue as I suspect you are not an adobe employee and would have to follow a procedure to report them that I would most likely be able to do myself? 

Thanks for the help though but I feel like this is going to be a part time job at this point. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 16, 2021 0
New Here ,
Jan 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here we go:

This is an example. File claims to be 'editable strokes' but again is a curve with a fill and no stroke, thus in no way an editable stroke, meaning I donwloaded it but can do nothing with it unless I redraw it using strokes only...

https://stock.adobe.com/images/email-line-icons-set-letter-spam-mail-open-envelope-postage-stamp-mai...

I get atleast 1 a day... waisting my asset downloads and time daily.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 17, 2021 0
New Here ,
Jan 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 17, 2021 0
New Here ,
Jan 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nad another:

https://stock.adobe.com/images/call-center-line-icon-set-operator-employee-contact-center-customer-s...

Says it is 'line icons' but they are in fackt filled shapes.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 21, 2021 0
Resources
Buy Adobe Stock
Getting Started