• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Model release

New Here ,
Oct 29, 2019 Oct 29, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mad_07_01.jpgThis is crazy. I submited several images with people absolutely not recognisable with face/head turned away.......and still they send me email asking for model release form. What is going on? if you can't see the face of the person why would you requre Model release ?! Are all submited images curated by maschine or computer?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Oct 30, 2019 Oct 30, 2019

Moderation is done by living people and not by bots. Even that I'm sure that the moderators have tools to asses the pictures, the decision is made by a human. That said, mglobetrotter is correct when pointing out if the person would recognize him or herself. The woman in the fg for sure would...

And then there are the logos and maybe the license plate that would need editing. 

(btw: with such small images as a preview we can only mostly guess the troubles.)

Votes

Translate

Translate
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So sorry greggyNYC - we need a photo of your project you are asking about. Please post here by clicking on the tiny mountain icon above - 4th from the end. Best always, JH

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for reply, I just uploaded my image sample - it could be ten million women look like that........

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Greg, Im very sure that the Photos go through a Machine curation and get flagged. Form Adobe Stock Model Release information site: "Ask yourself: Would the person recognize him/herself in my photo? If your answer is “Yes,” then you need to include a model release with your submission." as to if you need to see the face it goes on: "Recognition can be based on external factors (for example, other recognizable people, unique clothing, equipment, or location) or personal factors (for example, tattoos or birthmarks). That’s why it’s always safer to get a model release, even for a close-up shot of a body part."

I would say that any photo with People in it on Adobe Stock (apart from Editorial Content) has a property release with it. Even Vector art and Illustrations with people in it (even if it is just a silhouette) get flagged and need a release.

In the above image I can also see the car brand and make a well as a well known Fast Food Logo in the background which might trigger some issues.

Hope this helps. All the best

Model Release information from Adobe: https://helpx.adobe.com/stock/contributor/help/model-release.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 30, 2019 Oct 30, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Moderation is done by living people and not by bots. Even that I'm sure that the moderators have tools to asses the pictures, the decision is made by a human. That said, mglobetrotter is correct when pointing out if the person would recognize him or herself. The woman in the fg for sure would...

And then there are the logos and maybe the license plate that would need editing. 

(btw: with such small images as a preview we can only mostly guess the troubles.)

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Buy Adobe Stock
Getting Started