• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

No price listed for InDesign Templates?

Guru ,
Apr 01, 2018 Apr 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am doing work using the free templates that are featured in the New Document dialog box. They are clearly labeled as FREE.

But when I go to Adobe Stock, and search for other templates, many are labeled as FREE, but some others have no label. It took a lot of clicking, but these templates seem also to be free. But that FREE label isn't there. I can't find any place for a price.

I've downloaded several templates and there was no mention of being charged.

Does anyone have a clue about this?

Template free.png  no price.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Apr 03, 2018 Apr 03, 2018

Hi Sandee,

The file ID provided by you isn't a free template as it takes up the license from your account so is a part of standard asset.

Apparently it seems that the Free templates will definitely be marked as free and the rest would be a part of your subscription plan.

Let me know if you need more information around this.

Regards,

Sheena

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Apr 01, 2018 Apr 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Sandee,

Are you sure the ones not marked as free didn't use any of your Stock credits?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 03, 2018 Apr 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Sandee,

That's pretty strange! Can you provide me the file IDs of such templates so that I can get these checked and update you?

Regards,

Sheena

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guru ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Sheena,

The file is 148453485

I don't know exactly what happened, but I can find the file, but I can't find the listing with the blank space.

Oh well, user error.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Sandee,

The file ID provided by you isn't a free template as it takes up the license from your account so is a part of standard asset.

Apparently it seems that the Free templates will definitely be marked as free and the rest would be a part of your subscription plan.

Let me know if you need more information around this.

Regards,

Sheena

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guru ,
Apr 04, 2018 Apr 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sheena,

I don't know if you can actually do anything about this, but I figured out what the "problem" is that got me totally confused. And perhaps you can pass it on to the Stock people in charge.

Here's the story:

Below is a FREE template listed in Stock. And what I see when I go to license it. What I didn't notice is that the button is a cloud.

Logo Free.png Logo Free w License.png

Here's a NOT free from the same search (Templates: Logo): And what I see when I go to license it. It's easy to miss that the cloud has been replaced by a shopping cart.

Logo not free.png  Logo not free license.png

I understand that the shopping cart is supposed to indicate that I am buying something. But it's too subtle—especially since the text that pops up is identical for the two buttons.

Here's another pop up when the button is clicked. Stock is very careful to make sure that people don't stumble into buying the Premium items that cost more than others.

premium.png

But there should be something similar for items that cost 1 image. The text for "License and Save" shouldn't be the same for 1 image and FREE. Especially when they are mixed together in a search.

I understand that this may not be a simple thing for Stock to fix. But at least I figured out how I could make such a simple error.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 04, 2018 Apr 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Sandee,

You are right! That is the exact difference just because the template is free it gives you the icon to directly download it.

The confusion of these icon in the UI is something that the team is already aware about and they are working on the fix for it.

Regards,

Sheena

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Buy Adobe Stock
Getting Started