Non-Compliance

New Here ,
Oct 18, 2019 Oct 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

TodaY one of myY images was rejected for non-compliance, no other reason given, no release or such asked for.

It is the manipulated version of a photo of myY own art (I am also a graphic designer and artist).

I have no problem if the image is not liked or rejected for another reason... but whY non-compliance? I just like to learn.

STX-Bkart-0009-XX-redsq5.jpg

Image description: Abstract background creation in red, silver, grayY blending real art content with virtual design (10.4 MP)

Btw.

for some strange reason this field here only shows the capital letters of X, Y, and Z, not the minuscles... so excuse the weird look of my teXt.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Jackm57523457, I am uncertain about the content and material you posted. You say it is a manipulation of your own art. I will take a leap and guess some of your title or list of words caused the problem.  A watermark will always cause a rejection - make sure there is not a signature or watermark.  In addition, you did not attach a property release with the upload. Other than these few things, there are a few more in the guidelines for contributors. See these here. Regards, JH

Non-compliant:

Reasons content is rejected at Adobe Stock highlight reasons works are rejected. The following is a quote for non-compliant: This reason means that your content doesn’t comply with our Contributor Agreement. Content may be non-compliant due to watermarks, inappropriate or irrelevant keywords or image titles, or questionable, or defamatory content. Your file is also rejected as non-compliant if you receive a reminder to submit a property release saying it was your original art refigured. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I cannot see anyYthing in the rules triggering a non-compliance. I was not asked for a release, the image was rejected right awaY. A different image based on the same artwork was accepted without problems. No watermarks or signatures on both. Compare:

STX-Bkart-0002-XX-redsq1.jpg  

STX-Bkart-0009-XX-redsq5.jpg

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,
Oct 19, 2019 Oct 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello, again Jackm,

I always send links to Adobe Stock contributors that will help each one learn about the reasons for a specific rejection. I sent you the links to give you insight into future submissions. Here are the most likely reasons your work was rejected. Please read all of them carefully. The accepted submission had a clear pattern/texture which is of interest to a buyer. The second rejected one has little value to a buyer. We are all learning. Best wishes for future stock acceptance. JH

Overview

All files submitted to Adobe Stock go through a review process to ensure that they meet Adobe ***Stock’s quality standards. We generally aim to notify contributors within five business days about the status of submissions.

This article explains why we reject certain files and what we look for when we review content. Our goal is to help you become a successful contributor to Adobe Stock. If your content is rejected, you receive a reason from the moderation team. There may be more than one reason, but in order to review files in a timely fashion, the reviewers only share one. If you receive a rejection, use it as an opportunity to carefully review your file and the reason for rejection and decide if it is worth fixing to submit again. Make sure that your changes are tangible, and address the reasons the file was rejected before you resubmit.

Similar file already submitted ****your own 2nd submission too similar

To make money licensing stock content, it helps to have a lot of content. However, we encourage you to choose quality over quantity and make sure that each file you submit offers something unique to a customer. Similar content is one of the leading rejection reasons at Adobe Stock. To learn more about the differences between useful variations and image spamming, see Similar content versus spam

Note:

Sending multiple copies of identical content can be perceived as image spam, and can result in your account being blocked or closed entirely.      

Aesthetic or commercial appeal ***** The second submission is a simple smear to most viewers and can be reproduced by a potential buyer on their own.

Ask yourself: “If I were the customer, why would I buy this image?"

If you can’t answer that question, we recommend that you change your approach if you want to submit content to Adobe Stock. Pay attention to the details: If you have a photo of a great-looking family enjoying a barbecue but the barbecue is covered in rust, the image's commercial value is greatly reduced. 

Note:

Common subjects like flowers, pets, sunsets, and food are already heavily represented on Adobe Stock. New submissions for these categories are approved if they stand out ***and show the common subjects in unique ways.

Non-compliant file **** A contributor is asked to submit excellent quality work that stands out in the stock gallery. 

This reason means that your content doesn’t comply with our Contributor Agreement. Content may be non-compliant due to watermarks, inappropriate or irrelevant keywords or image titles, or questionable, or defamatory content. Your file is also rejected as non-compliant if you receive a reminder to submit a model or property release or resolve a problem with a release, and you resubmit the file without addressing the issue.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines