Number of end products I am allowed to use the licensed stock photo in

New Here ,
Dec 17, 2020 Dec 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey everyone,

I already carefully read the licensing terms, at least I'd say so, but couldn't find an answer to the following issue.

If you license a song on envato, you're allowed to use this specific song in one single end product, for example in one video. Doesn't matter on how many platforms you share this video, tho.

What's about stock photos I licensed, is there a limited number of end products I am allowed to use them in, or am I prohibited from using one photo for example in several videos.

In case I am, could you also kindly share with me where you've got this piece of information from?

Big thanks in advance! 🙂

TOPICS
Licensing, Terms of use

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 03, 2021 Jan 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Anyone? 🙂

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jan 03, 2021 Jan 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

There are limitations on the number of views/prints etc. if I remember the licensing terms, but not on the number of uses (for the same customer).

Licensing is basically limited to one customer (you're doing work for a customer, license the item. Second customer, same item: relicense). Own use counts for a customer (you need to relicense the asset for your own use, if it has been used for a customer).

For video there are "broadcast" limitations.

See the licensing terms for more info:

Look here for more information on licensing: https://community.adobe.com/t5/stock/links-for-licensing-terms/td-p/11366788
(Disclaimer: As always with licensing, this is my interpretation of the rules. I think they are correct and advice is based reading and interpreting the license terms and on fair use for both the buyer and the artist/stock company, but I can not rule out that my interpretation is wrong. I'm not an Adobe employee)

Regards, Abambo
Hard- and Software Engineer and Photographer.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines