• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

OBJ files and Blender problem

Participant ,
Jan 15, 2019 Jan 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there! I found nice file in Adobe Stock but I need to change a little bit the bottom of this model. I would like to try it in Blender but during import I got error. Is it not possible to edit OBJ files from "St" in Blender or there is some king of bug in this Software?

Take a look at the error screen:

error.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jan 15, 2019 Jan 15, 2019

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The structure of obj files is quite easy. You can open obj files in a text editor. If you have it at your disposal, you could use Adobe dimension or any other 3D editor to see if the obj file loads fine there.

Blender seems to support obj file quite good. So maybe there is a problem with the file. That's always possible.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have same error with all OBJ files From Adobe Stock. Model is opening correctly in Dimmension and MeshLab, not in blender. Unfortunately Dimmension do not let me to make simple changes in model. I can only scale etc. I need to remove some polygons, and add few extra polygons + make this model "fat" in some places

Maybe it's some problem with blender. I will try to reinstall it.

Do you know any other free editor to make some changes in OBJ files?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I never used Dimension so ... maybe you can save as the obj file and try that one in Blender. Unfortunately it's now about 30 years that I do no work with such software anymore (I used the original Wavefront Advanced Visualizer at that time...) and I have lost oversight of available software.

May be you could try here: MeshLab

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, I found free software called "MeshMixer" and it's wonderful for OBJ files editing! There is tool called "Sculpt". And now I can modify object as I wanted. It's too bad that Dimmension do not have this feature. Maybe in future...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

May be...

Adobe Dimension: Feature Requests: Top (336 ideas) – Adobe Dimension CC Feedback Portal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes... I was reporting this idea, and also idea to let Dimmensions users import models to library just like custom shapes in Photoshop. It was one year ago. Still waiting

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Buy Adobe Stock
Getting Started