• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Obligated for 1 year???

New Here ,
Mar 21, 2018 Mar 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am shocked and so embarrassed that Adobe is based in San Jose where I spent 10 years of my life and where most of the companies there at least attempt to be decent.

I signed up for the free trial month of Adobe Stock even though that only allowed me 10 photo downloads, but it was to get me started and see if I liked the service.

I made the mistake of coming to cancel the service 1 day too late so I had to bite the bullet and allow payment of 36 euros for another month but I wrote on my calendar to cancel it 2 days BEFORE the next month was up.

So that is today only here is the surprise: it seems since I went into the first paid month that I am obligated to pay for a FULL YEAR. I had read the small print before the trial and I have re-read the small print now - it is not clear! Adobe should be ashamed of taking hard earned money for nothing. If I cancel now, I will have to pay 180 euros and I will get nothing. Now that I am on the cancellation page it is clear.

I feel cheated and will NEVER recommend Adobe to anyone, rather I'll let everyone I know that Adobe is sneaky and far too expensive, especially when there are billions of cheaper options out there by companies that are honest.

Why am I writing? I want to get out of this ridiculous subscription having overpaid for one month and let it be done. I do not want to pay 180 euros for nothing and I clearly do not want to pay 360 euros for a year! I quite honestly do not have the money since I am attempting to start out as a freelance. I would expect a well-known company like Adobe to release me from a sneaky, dishonest obligation to pay for a year when it is publicized as a monthly plan. Even nasty gym subscriptions handle things better than Adobe.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Mar 21, 2018 Mar 21, 2018

Hi Michelle,

I'm sorry you had such a poor experience with Adobe Stock and feel you were locked into a contract of 1 year.

It might be a possibility that when you signed in for the Adobe Stock per month(one-year) subscription, you have overlooked the terms and conditions which are already mentioned at the time when you sign up for the Stock subscription.

When you subscribe to the promo offer for the first month free, Adobe doesn't charge you for the 1st month(first-month free trial); the subscript

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 21, 2018 Mar 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Michelle,

I'm sorry you had such a poor experience with Adobe Stock and feel you were locked into a contract of 1 year.

It might be a possibility that when you signed in for the Adobe Stock per month(one-year) subscription, you have overlooked the terms and conditions which are already mentioned at the time when you sign up for the Stock subscription.

When you subscribe to the promo offer for the first month free, Adobe doesn't charge you for the 1st month(first-month free trial); the subscription billing actually starts from the second month.

If you cancel the service after the 14th day after the beginning of the second month’s billing cycle, you’ll be charged 50% of your remaining contract obligation and your service will continue until the end of that month’s billing period.

You may also refer to Legal subscription terms | Adobe for more information.

Please contact our support team Support FAQ: How can I contact Adobe for support? for the cancellation and refund related requests.

If you are unable to reach our support through the above- mentioned link, please see Contact Support FAQ: Unable to reach support through the "Contact US" link

If you still face any difficulties or need support, feel free to update this thread so that I can further assist you.

Regards

Twarita

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Resources
Buy Adobe Stock
Getting Started